Laptop advice - Dell or other?

I don't really understand that. Most companies I've worked with in IT, don't use the OS that comes on the machine. They reinstall an image of the company standard OS. As such buying hardware like computers is independent to the OS supplied on it.

Its really only an issue for home users or small business's.

I don't really understand that. Most companies I've worked with in IT, don't use the OS that comes on the machine. They reinstall an image of the company standard OS. As such buying hardware like computers is independent to the OS supplied on it.

Its really only an issue for home users or small business's.
Think that was the point I was making. Corporates are slow to change and as you have said will install their own OS clean rather than the bloatware that comes with most product.
The point I was making was in response to the OP who asked about investing now. I feel better as a home/SME its better to wait until the market is clearer unless a replacement is necessary. The OP needs seem to be pretty standard so I'd say that the pressing need for a new PC is probably less critical just at this point in time.

Still don't get it. If a corporate uses their own software, it doesn't matter what software is on the hardware they buy. They wipe it anyway.

The only issue I can see if guess there will be a hardware change, like all laptops switching to touch screen, or convertible tablets. You might as well gamble on Chromebooks becoming the standard. For a home user it will come down to price too. Will touch screens come as standard?

Back