Lanzarote/Gran Canaria at Xmas

lfcjfc

Decided to do something different for Christmas and have settled upon either Lanzarote or Gran Canaria following reading here.
Always find recommendations invaluable when looking for hotels so therefore would appreciate folk's input on any nice 4 star hotels/apartments that people may have stayed at in either of these places
Thanks

Have a look at Los Jameos Playa in Lanzarote - absolutely fantastic hotel, only 10 mins from airport. Have stayed 4 times - never had any issues there.

Sooty

The Hesperia in Puerto Calero, Lanzarote is good hotel. Stayed there a few times. Very quiet area and about 10 mins in taxi to Puerto del Carmen.

Marina suites hotel puerto rico, been there 4 times and going again in feb, a fantastic hotel, beach literally outside the door, town a very short walk, can't recommend highly enough.

Stayed in both lanzarote and Puerto rico on a few occasions, For almost guaranteed sunshine Puerto rico is the place to go, I found Lanzarote hit and miss, I agree with Jonocon regarding the Marina suites, We stayed there last august and it is the perfect place to relax , The only problem would be that their prices are a bit high that time of year, Regards, Salaried.

+1 Puerto Rico.. more sheltered so chance of better weather.. it would be cooler with the breeze in Lanzaorote in December.

We've gone to Puerto Rico the last couple of winters, staying in Puerto Plata (http://www.puertoplatagrancanaria.com). Great value but I think it's only a 2 or 3 star. Also stayed in Lanzarote in November one year and it was a lot colder than Puerto Rico! Won't be heading over this winter so very jealous.

Lanzarote is great for christmas & new year.
+1 on Los Jameos Playa a great hotel.
-1 to Gran Caneria, Pourto Rico is like Northside Shopping Centre in the sun.

Thanks to all for the input. Always find people's experience is more valuable than anything else

It only just dawned on me that I also stayed at The Hesperia in Lanzarote. Very quiet and even Puerto del Carmen is quite sleepy. As I say though, that was in November so maybe it's a quiet time of year.

Ifcjfc, I know Puerto rico well enough by now, If you need any further advice just ask, Koolkid has a point with his view to PR but there is a lot more to the place than the commercial centre He/ She refers to. Regards Salaried.

Last edited:
Lanzarote is great for christmas & new year.
+1 on Los Jameos Playa a great hotel.
-1 to Gran Caneria, Pourto Rico is like Northside Shopping Centre in the sun.

Ifcjfc, I know Puerto rico well enough by now, If you need any further advice just ask, Koolkid has a point with his view to PR but there is a lot more to the place than the commercial centre He/ She refers to. Regards Salaried.

-2 to Puerto Rico...an embarrassment of a place

-2 to Puerto Rico...an embarrassment of a place

Lanzarote is far before Puerto Rico.. but in December as its quite windy the weather may not be so good in lanzarote especially if looking for a bit of good weather that time of year.. plenty of other areas that are beautiful near Puerto Rico.

Back