Lanesborough/Cityside

doggy

Folks,

Santry and Glasnevin are proving a tad expensive, has anyone any opinion/experience of Lanesborough/Cityside developments in Finglas near the North Road/M50? Much appreciated, cheers

There was a discussion on Cityside on these pages a few months ago, it might be worth your while having a look back to that earlier thread.
IMHO both of these developments, although they contain some nice housing units, are a bit isolated. Cityside is a good hike, rather than a walk, away from Finglas Village - you might be near the M50 but you're not that near a pint of milk, not until they supply the promised services anyway! But on the other hand, although Finglas has some drawbacks, I'd much rather live there then miles outside of Dublin, if commuting is an issue. It'll take a few years to see how these areas are going to pan out, community wise - but as many other posters have pointed out, crystal balls are one of the few ammenities not available on AAM!

Cityside and Lanesborough will have a new shopping area pretty soon, it will have your basics, spar, takeaway, video shop, and PUB and also I heard a restaurant. So you will not have to hike to the village which is only 15 mins away and it’s not that bad of a walk. At the moment the builders are still on site (shopping area) but it looks like they are almost finish. It should look good! They also have a park which is always good! I think both lanesborough and Cityside will be a great spot to live in when finished.
Cityside is for the more professional people I think personally and lanesborough for families.
I hope this helps!!

Thanks for the feedback folks, I'm impressed enough by what i see of the place, so i'll be looking in those areas for a house, chers.

Back