Landlords increasing rental income by providing Sleeping Pods and Sleeping Capsules.

Exce11ent

I'm a small landlord and some of my tenants are currently in bunks. They have different work/study schedules coming in at varying hours, sometimes inadvertently waking each other up, causing problems (rows). I'm hoping to help them out here, mutually beneficial.

Having consulted with them, I'm investigating providing Japanese-style sleeping pods for them, which they requested. These would provide more privacy, and they wouldn't be woken up by the light going on. Also less noise.

I showed them the idea and they jumped at it as far preferable to bunks. They asked me to provide some extra pods as this will reduce their monthly bills, (but also increase rental income).
Does anyone have any experience of these pods? Where to buy? They seem to have optional USBs, reading lights, wifi, flatscreens, fans or A/C,memory foam mattresses, etc.

I'm hoping the extra rent will offset the cost of providing them (a few grand, but they would pay for themselves in a few months).

They could have 4 pods in the same space where there are now 2 beds, plus the comensurate drop in bills.
Have any tenants or landlords any ideas/thoughts on this?

Yes a wind-up. Otherwise some of the myriad of Health and Safety bodies in this country need to be notified

Thanks Delboy, that's exactly what I was looking for. Is it against the PRTB or the Health and Safety? If so, I think it won't work out, and I'll say to tenants we have to stick with bunks...

Back