Landlord ordered to pay €40,000 for discriminating against HAP tenants

Just to be clear my personal experience of this was the requirement to install vents in all rooms in the house

Hi,

Were the HAP tenants in place already? If so and you refused, what would then happen? Would the HAP tenants need to move out?

Hi,

Were the HAP tenants in place already? If so and you refused, what would then happen? Would the HAP tenants need to move out?
They were moving from one of my properties to another as I was selling one but they were great tenants so I did not mind doing the work myself. They were already RAS tenants and the Inspector made it clear that they would not agree to the move until the vents were installed.

If my current tenants move and the inspector decides they want additional upgrades I will either sell the property or do Air B&B. The only reason I agreed to the improvements was because the tenants are fantastic and was trying to be fair to them.

I have a tenant in a rent a room scheme in my home. He is from abroad and works full time cleaning. He has been told he can get some HAP payment if I will agree. Does this mean I will have to register with prtb and have regulations around the tenancy which I dont have now as it a family home just letting a room ? I dont want inspections etc.

Does this mean I will have to register with prtb and have regulations around the tenancy which I dont have now as it a family home just letting a room ? I dont want inspections etc.

Lots of info here:

Key sentence for you:

"If you are renting a room in your landlord’s home, your tenancy is not covered by the legislation and your landlord does not have to register with the RTB."

Back