Landlord incentives

The state has no real-time information on exactly how many people live in a given property, if indeed anyone lives there at all.

Any tax proposal which does not recognise the above its pointless.

The state has no real-time information on exactly how many people live in a given property, if indeed anyone lives there at all.

Any tax proposal which does not recognise the above its pointless.
Another example of the ineptitude of the Public Sector letting down the citizens that they are meant to serve.

Are you talking about the 1998 LL before or after the huge increase in rent that year or the followings? My rent increased from 350 to 550 after my first year lease in 1998. I then moved to somewhere for 500 pounds that would not be considered fit for purpose nowadays. They were both one bedroom unit.
This is exactly what I mean. I didn't start renting in Dublin until 1999 so I struggled to remember what a one bed cost then, except to say that I absolutely couldn't afford it! I started out with a horrendous flat share in 1999 for 60 pound a week for something that like yourself wouldn't be considered fit these days, and "moved on up" to a bedsit the proper year for 70 pound a week. I think small 1 bed pre-63s were around 400 pound a month in 2000 or so but they were very, very hard to get even then. "Proper" apartments were far more expensive - usually 600 pound a month upwards in 1999, but even much derided 90s so-called "shoeboxes" were considered very luxurious in comparison to pre-63 1 beds of the time.

Could somebody please just clarify if these tax reliefs - 3,000 in 2024 etc - are on your total rental income or per property? I am assuming that it is total rental income but I'm just checking. Thank you.

Am interested in this too. If you have more than 1 unit in a house, each individually registered with prtb do you get relief on each.

Am interested in this too. If you have more than 1 unit in a house, each individually registered with prtb do you get relief on each.
It's per property. Apparently, I can't link the reference because I'm new, but a quick Google search will tell you also.

No. Its created to enable people to have house shares sharing with the landlord in the same house, not individual units, having more than 1 unit would surely highlight to revenue that they are not "sharing" the house with you but living in separate homes.

Just another point if you have 2 or more properties and if you sell one during the " incentive period " the government reclaim any benefit you received. Overall a mickey mouse incentive.

Back