Land of Leather- good or bad?

Hel_n

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this thread but I was wondering if any of you had purchased furniture from Land of Leather? And if so how you found them to deal with. I have heard some less than favourable stories and I was just wondering ifnyone would recommend them.

Have you searched for previous threads on this issue? I can find at least two.

You wouldn't mind giving me a link would you, Clubman? Or even just point mein the right direction. Thanks

I had no issues with them. Bought 2 leather sofas from them 18 months ago - they were delivered ahead of estimated time and quality is very good - they still look like new.

We bought a 3+2+1 from them last year and have no problems. They had told us the lead time was 14 weeks, but I think it took about 16-17 weeks to deliver. They were really well packaged. Would recommend

D

Friend of mine use to work there.He wouldnt recommend them to anyone.Furniture is cheap chinese poor quality leather with the hard sell and dont believe interest free credit etc.Its built into price at a very high rate.

bought off them last year , they were ready to deliver two days later...

great price/product and service...

I've heard terrible reports on local radio station. Classic examples were Told ETA 12 weeks, after 16 weeks still no sign, no call, no communication and another problem was ordering a brown suite but a black suite arriving (late) and at that stage most people just took the one that came in! No personal experience though.

Bought 3+2+1 from them, ready for collection 2 weeks ahead of schedule. I organised for courier to collect as €50 cheaper as courier was doing several jobs for me. Had some problems with collection - they insist on written confirmation from purchaser that courier could collect, invoice and photo id - as I wasnt meting the courier before he was to collect ( think you are given 5 days to collect) I emailed him saying he had permission to collect and with scanned copy of invoice but when this was presented they wouldnt release suite, although he had phoned ahead and was told that was ok. Took a week of hassle to get suite.... havent had it long enough to comment on quality.

Just wanted to add that you have to pay €70 delivery as the 'suites come from Belfast'

D

We paid cash before delivery for a 3+2+1 and everything went according to plan. We are very happy with our purchase. Himself was home for the delivery and asked the courier to remove all the sofa wrapping from the house, which was done without complaint.

I wouldnt deal with them again. I ordered a suite off them in December and was told that I would have to collect it within 4 weeks. After the 4 weeks no-one called so I got in touch with them and they said it had been delayed. After 4 months of complaining with them we finally got our suite. The staff were very rude also!!

Got a 3 + 2. Cant recall about delivery so obviously wasnt a big issue. Quality seems grand. Price was outstanding (one of those offers).

If you're paying about half the price you could be and the qualifty still seems fine then maybe you can get over service/delivery issue - the Ryanair effect ....

Had a bad experience with Reid's so I dont think theres one necessarily better than the other regardless of the figure you are paying.

I bought a 3 + 2 there on Sunday - got a great deal, which as a FTB I was delighted about because I have plenty to be spending my money on.

So the salesman (who was quite smarmy - lots of bad jokes etc.) offered us insurance, which was going to work out around €400 extra! But it was the "best insurance ever" and they were throwing in a "free leather care kit work €80".

Anyways, we turned it down and he spent the next 10 minutes telling us how much we were going to regret it and that our sofa was going to be ruined and we'd be sorry etc. etc. So I said straight out that €400 was a lot to us at the moment and we just weren't in a position to pay it and he threw an almighty strop! It was so funny! He refused to say another word to us and slammed his clipboard around the place.

Hilarious stuff - what a child! Anyway, getting the couches on Saturday so I'll let you know how I get on!

Betsy Og said:
Got a 3 + 2. Cant recall about delivery so obviously wasnt a big issue. Quality seems grand. Price was outstanding (one of those offers).

If you're paying about half the price you could be and the qualifty still seems fine then maybe you can get over service/delivery issue - the Ryanair effect ....

Had a bad experience with Reid's so I dont think theres one necessarily better than the other regardless of the figure you are paying.

What was the problem with Reid's as a matter of interest? Just ordered off them last weekend!

sloggi said:
What was the problem with Reid's as a matter of interest? Just ordered off them last weekend!

Very poor on delivery time and communication re same & also relatively expensive I thought (in retrospect).

europhile said:
The stuff out of Land of Leather is very skangery looking. Drug dealer chic.

yeah, my bitches like 'em when they're smoking crack .... :D

Dont know where you got the above, I've seen the fake leather jobs - PVC or whatever they are, but in fairness I think Land of Leather is a step above that.

Maybe you're succumbing to the theory that it has to be expensive to be any good and you need to buy the dearest thing in the shop to be certain and to make sure you distance yourself from those what can only afford the regular fare. IMHO the whole "BT's culture" in Ireland is based on this.

Back