Lake Como

joer

Hi
I am looking for some info on travelling to Lake Como.Which is the best Airport to fly into,would there be a Train link between them and if so how long would the journey be .Also how expensive would the journey be.I dont want to hire a car.
Thanks..

Hi
I am looking for some info on travelling to Lake Como.Which is the best Airport to fly into,would there be a Train link between them and if so how long would the journey be .Also how expensive would the journey be.I dont want to hire a car.
Thanks..

My son travels to Italy frequently so inquired on your behalf.

Airport, Milan, Linate. Rail www.trenitalia.com.

Hope that helps.

I was in Bellagio last September. Flew with Ryanair to Bergamo, very cheaply. Bus outside arrivals to Bergamo city train station a few Euro. Got train to Varenna with one easy change en route for about €6. Then boat to Bellagio for abot €4. Because of flight times on the way back with stayed a very pleasant night in Bergamo, a lovely place to visit.

Thanks WaterWater.

How long was the train journey from Bergamo to Varenna. Do you know what Varenna is like for a holiday.

Thanks WaterWater.

How long was the train journey from Bergamo to Varenna. Do you know what Varenna is like for a holiday.

About 1 hour. Varenna is very small. Bellagio is far better. From either location you can hop on a boat to cross the lake for about €3 per person per trip. Better to stay in Bellagio and visit Varenna. We visited a couple of chateaux/gardens when we were there. We also rented a studio apartment for the week at about €65 per night right in the centre of Bellagio.

Back