La Sirene Languedoc

paul24

Guys,

Having done the package holiday for years to all the traditional resorts we thought we might try something different. Some colleagues have recommended La sirene campsite in Languedoc, France.

As we have 2 kids under 3 it might be somewhat different. The site and accomodation looks very spacious and the facilities ideal for the kids.

Has any other members tried it and what would the weather be like in early September ?

The flight are from Dublin with Ryanair which will limit our luggage capacity but we can buy whatever we need locally.
We will hire the car for the 2 weeks.

I am interested in hearing your opinions in relation to this site.

Thanks guys,

Paul24

We've stayed at L'Hippocampe, across the road from La Sirene, and you get to use all the facilities in La Sirene, three times now!! We've gone in May which isn't too hot and has been good with the kids. La Sirene is bigger and noisier, very good for teenagers, I would think a bit noisy for toddlers. We went with a 14 month old (1st time), 2yo and 8 month old (second time), and 3 yo and 18 month old (3rd time), camping was a brilliant way to go on hols with them, they loved the pool and the playground, so you could relax because they were happy. If you have any specific questions about the site I'll be happy to answer them.

Have been to La Sirene twice now and its sister site once - would definitely recommend either of them. Have been to La Sirene in first week in Jul and while it was busy, we didnt find it too noisy. Can be quite hot there in Jul and Aug so it might be worth spending a bit more on accommadation with aircon -especially with 2 young kids. Plenty to see and do there within a 45 min drive.We usually book directly with the sites and find them significantly cheaper and Keycamp, Eurocamp etc

I,m in La sirene qt the moment. going home tomorrow. no problem for kids any age....if you need some help let me know qnd I,ll recommend the numbers of a few good mobiles

Just back....weather was turning bad for a few days over there but its a lot worse here.

Paul, weather should be good for Sep. Hippocampe is a little smaller but everyone comes over to La Sirene from there anyway. Choice is really up to yourself. More facilities at La Sirene and I wouldn't let the teenager thing get to you...most were well behaved and the campsire was mostly Irish people there.

You should really book direct to get a better price than with Keycamp, etc. We paid €935 for the last 11 nights. That came with 27m2 of deck also. Flight to Carcassonne and car hire with Hertz. I booked a Pug 307 or equivalent months ago for €295 for the 11 days but when I got there they gave us a Zafira 1.9TDi for same money. I would advise you to do the same as if it is quiet they might just throw you the bigger car. They seemed to have very few mid size cars there anyway...mostly MPV's

I have the name of one privately owned Irish mobile home there but its a 3 bedroom. You should really go for the Cottage 2 which is what we had. Friends of ours came over from their site who were staying in a Keycamp VillaNova and they were amazed at the space and how well its laid out.

The pool area is fantastic and perfect for your young kids. We went to Argeles beach one day and up top St.Cyprien beach another day as my 2 boys wanted to make sand castles and the sand at Argeles was not to their standard :rolleyes:

Night time entertainment is very good also and I did the archery which is free most days. Also the mini golf is free, but don't get caught behind any Germans...:p

We stayed in #132, but there are a few other Cottage 2's lying about. It should be quiet enough in Sep so you should have no problem booking now. I walked the site yesterday and made a note of a few other quiet located Cottage 2 units so if you are booking, then it might be a good idea to ask for a specific one if possible.

PM me if you need any more details

hi there
i know you posted this a long time ago, but was wondering if you would have any details of owners of mobiles on la sirene or hippocamp?
we are looking to go the last week of august.
look forward to hearing from you.

You can find owners of mobiles in La Sirene here,
[broken link removed]

Back