KPMG: Doubt over PTSBs ability to continue as a going concern

They had reserves of 20% around twice the next best.

However, 65% of the mortgage book is comprised of loss making trackers, so they expect to lose money for some time.

Also, they have to "waste" €2.4 billion on a firesale of the UK mortgage book so that will dramatically reduce the 20%

Brendan

Complainer,
I don't expect to be bailed out, i take full responsibiltiy for taking the money but the fact remains that the bank should never have given us the money in the first place ie they did not do their jobs and now we are left with the consequences of that. How can you type words that sound like you agree with the bankers or irelands banks, are you a banker??? All i want is for the bank to take responsibility for not doing the job they are paid very well to do. Many people are refused for loan applications by other institutions and one or two will offer the money. We were not aware all other institutions refused until after we were told about ptsb approval as the broker did not contact us every time he got a refusal letter. Please, have you every applied for a loan or been pushed into a corner?? obviously not!
Just for the record, No, I'm not a banker, Yes, I have applied for a loan, and Yes, I have been 'pushed into a corner' (i.e. refused loan by one party and approved by other).

Complainer,
We were not aware all other institutions refused until after we were told about ptsb approval as the broker did not contact us every time he got a refusal letter. Please, have you every applied for a loan or been pushed into a corner?? obviously not!

I think your story is quite tangled and confusing. From some of your posts it seems that you may have gone out of your way to mislead the bank at the outset. I think that may be why you are not getting a lot of support for the idea that the bank is to blame.

Back