KN Networks horrific install, any process?

Norrie

KN did this install just before the pandemic and I've been given the run around now for years.

They dug out the access to the duct, running under my roadside garden, but the installer was not available that day.

They were meant to dig the access, bring that orange ducting into the access point, and run the line directly to my house.

Instead that guy dug the access and fed a line out of the ground. The installer then came and ran that line half way up the pole, into the ducting, and into my house.
They left 2 traffic cones and assured that they would be back to "Clean it up" the next week.

Obviously never happened and it is causing 2 issues.
1: Looks crap and my fibre connection (black cable running up the pole) is unprotected
2: That is a dead pole, the copper only ever serviced my house and is now dead, but I can not get Eir to even look at removing it as there is a "Fibre line being run from it"

Honestly; it was actually harder to get it wrong this way!
1666466018573.jpg

Sorry, yeah. Is there any complaints process to KN for remediation? The broadband sellers just say that its an openeir issue and there is no, obvious, way to contact them.

I'm working from there and having exposed fibre line, facing the road, is a risk.
It also looks like a patch job, with exposed trunking which was meant to be sunk.

I don't understand what you mean by the pole being a "dead pole"?
Can't you remove the two cones yourself?
I'm still confused as to what the actual problem is here.

The issue, from what I can see in the photo, is that the fibre wire should be within the ducting, but instead it's loose on the pole, which means that anyone can just pull it away.

@Norrie - Openeir and Eir are two different companies, and Eir won't do anything about it as from their perspective fibre is supplied to the household (regardless as how crap things are outside :-( )

IF something was to happen to the cable on that pole, and affect your connection, and thus your contract, then your provider would need to remedy it, by them, calling openEir to resolve the problem, who would call KN.

KN usually work on the suppliers behalf and it's likely that party that will need to get them to resolve. Did you contract someone to run this line?

@Leo Was installed by KN through Eir, who are no longer provider.

@ClubMan It's a dead pole because there is only an old copper line on it, which is actually cut half way down. It's a terminal pole so no other houses were ever fed from it.

@Jazz01 You're fairly spot on but for one thing. That ducting has nothing but the fibre line running into it. The whole plan was to sink the ducting into the ground while they were actually digging the access manhole.
Instead they dug the access point, broke into the underground duct, brought unsheilded fibre out of the ground, ran it up a pole, and down MY own orange ducting (tacking it to the pole)

Yeah; would potentially resolve the issue were someone to tamper with it but I work from home so would rather that not happen.

@Leo Was installed by KN through Eir, who are no longer provider.
That could be a challenge so. Eir are ultimately the responsible party, but now that you're no longer a customer they're unlikely to go out of their way to help.

Back