Kitchen supplier\interior designer

keegan1

I've just built a new property. Its a bit quirky and I want to make sure I get the decoration side of things right. I was thinking of using a girl called Eva Byrne. She does 2 hour interior design consultations. Has anyone used her service?? Also we are choosing our own kitchen. Its not a huge space. I was thinking of getting a kitchen designer in. Does anyone have an opinion on using someone like this. Last question, has anyone got their kitchen from QK Living in Walkinstown(also in Malahide). Are they any good. How expensive are they in comparison to others. Thanks

You mean this Eva Byrne?

http://www.evabyrne.com/

She looks like a girl I used to know in Bolton Street.
She was intense, committed and seemed very competent.
I'd say €300 for a two-hour consultation could be money well spent.

Thanks for that. Yeah its the same girl. Im just a bit dubious what I would get out of a two hour meeting. A friend bought a place a few months back and used some guy that does the same thing. He said it was a complete waste of money and got absolutely no ideas what so ever. I said this to Eva but she does in fairness sound very tuned in and assures me that I will be 'bursting' with ideas afterwards.

I'd bring some band-aids in case you can't contain yourself!
The truth of the matter is that you get out of such a meeting what you put in.
Go in with a positive flexible attitude, having done a bit of research, and perhaps giving examples of what you might like to see - as opposed to expecting the consultant to wave a magic wand - and you might be surprised at what you get out of it.

My sis got her kitchen in Qk Living and she recommends them. There was a prob with some of her doors and they came promptly and replaced all the doors. I would say they are mid-range in price, but have a fancier range too. They did a couple of site visits too.

Back