Kitchen Refacing : anyone have this done recently?

zurgno1

Hi folks need new work top, new sink , complete doors, hinges , cabinets, etc replaced, and some wall tile Work, any
help appreciated

thanks

Last edited:
Hi folks need new work top, new sink , complete doors, hinges , cabinets, etc replaced, and some wall tile Work, any
help appreciated

thanks
Ok, so you need a new kitchen, you're not giving us much to go on.........
Can someone put me in the right direction
Maybe if you told us, whereabouts you are living, the size of the kitchen, what you want ie. kind of worktop/doors/carcasses etc., what you want to spend etc....

Without any pertinent information how can we offer any pertinent advice so maybe the suggestion above of using Google is apt.

I’m asking simply if anybody had it done and how did they find it, what I need is listed which I will speak to the right contractor cheers

@zurgno1
Maybe first port of call is to talk to some of the kitchen suppliers.

Seems that you need a new kitchen & associated tiling works. It's difficult to give you information, as such, as a new kitchen is a "new kitchen". Not sure what you are asking - is it costings / recommendations for installers / kitchen ideas etc ?

Hi jazz,yea was hoping to get doors replaced apparent it’s cheaper than getting a complete new structure, seems u have to get a tiler , a plumber , a kitchen fitter

Have a chat with someone like Kitchen Resurfacing they work out of Kildare but there are a few that do it in Ireland. We're getting our kitchen cupboard doors resurfaced, not replaced, next month. Approximately 13 doors and 7 drawers for €650 - no new hinges or handles We don't need a new countertop but I'd imagine they'd handle it if we did. If the tiling isn't extensive try doing that bit yourself. You'll probably need a plumber for your new sink but if it's not too different from your exsisting sink i.e. position and size you might be able to do that yourself with the help of whoever does your counter top.

Hi jazz,yea was hoping to get doors replaced apparent it’s cheaper than getting a complete new structure, seems u have to get a tiler , a plumber , a kitchen fitter
You can go to the larger kitchen fitting companies (there are lots of them), and they will organise all the other trades for you. Of course they will charge a premium for this, but it saves you hassle lining them all up at the right time and you have one person to talk to if there are problems (rather than running around in circles with one person blaming another).

If all the elements are going back exactly where they are now, it's a much more straightforward job. The first thing to do is measure up all the doors If any of them are non-standard, you will likely need to go to someone who can do bespoke work.

Are the doors hung with or hinges? If the latter, they are most likely custom doors.

Back