Kitchen door supply and fit

Green

I want to change the look of my kitchen as its pretty dated. I have minimal money to spend. I want to change the doors, skirtings, etc, Does any one have any recommendations for a firm that might do this or would it be best to buy the stuff and get a kitchen fitter to do it. thanks

Re: Supply and fit new doors for kitchen

There are ads in local papers (e.g. the Tallaght Echo) for firms that supply and fit doors and the price seems reasonable (around 1k) I've no experience tho of these so maybe someone else could comment.

Another way to go is visit a supplier like the Dublin Door Store or Noyeks and see what the range is and pick your own because price and quality do vary depending on design, type of wood etc (my hub says 'a door is a door'!). I got 4 solid oak doors plus handles and frames from DDS a few months back for my connected kitchen and living room. Cost was about 1.5k. It cost the same to have a carpenter fit plus skirting. Another thing to consider is are you going to paint them? If not a good solid wood like oak or whatever matches your floor best is worth it. If you're going to paint the doors deal or pine are fine.

JF Catchart in Enniskillen has been recommended on here several times

Not sure if there is a recommendation in any of these previous threads .

Hi,
I got a similar job done recently I briefly contemplated doing it myself and discovered what a total hassle it was. You have to think of all the work taking off doors, hinges, replacing handles, filling in previous handle holes, (painting my doors) and replacing, plus all those annoying skirtings and side panels and coving. It's a lot more fiddly work than you might imagine.

I finally found a fellow to do the whole job for me. He is a kitchen /wardrobe fitter by trade and did te whole thing. I kep my original solid wood doors, just got them spray-painted with new handles. Even so it too a good week for the job. The guy was great. Nothing too much troubnle and a total gentleman to boot. The revamped kitchen looks amazing.

Before I did it I I enquired about getting new doors and drawers for my kitchen and the cheapest quote was E5,500. Painting my doors etcworked out a lot cheaper. But I was really glad we hadn't done it ourselves. In my view life is too short for that sort of stress. My kitchen guy is based in Dublin. If yu want I can supply contact details.

That's Tallaght News that has that ad from time to time. Agree with Marykate it is a major job to hang a new door (or even rehang/restore an old door) and definitely not a DIY job. Woodies or B&Q have reasonably priced doors (sometimes old ones are not worth salvaging) and then all you need is a good carpenter.

Back