Kimmage/Harolds Cross

censuspro

Looking at houses in Kimmage and Harolds Cross and cant believe how grossly overvalued these properties are!

Some houses are going for more than €500,000 in what is traditionally a working class area. I appreciate it's close to town but I dont think this justifies the asking price.

Agree think mkt here has not come down to real rates yet here , but is a nice mixed area (with some really nice parts) grew up near by, think problem with mkt here is stock here does not move much very settled area plus a lot sales that do come up our Estate Sales so their not in mad rush to sell. Can Get some value in lower Kimmage but IMO not as nice area as other parts of Kimmage/HX

I looked at lower Kimmage and I didnt really like the area. Harolds Cross is nicer but it's over valued.

Harold's Cross used to be a working class area but not really anymore. Those lovely old red brick houses rocketed in price during the boom and lots of pretty well off people moved in. It's also within walking distance of town and right beside Terenure, so it's bound to attract fairly high prices. I don't live there, by the way, so not trying to 'up' it or anything.

Anyone have any thoughts on the part of D6W north of Terenure Rd West? That's roughly the triangle between Harold's Cross Rd/Terenure Rd Lower, Terenure Rd West and Lower Kimmage Rd, plus Mount Argus.

Not sure if this is quite the same area as being discussed here.

Also - Badger, when you say "Estate Sales" do you mean buy-to-lets?

Thanks.

Sorry Riverman by Estate sells is what people might call probate sales, i.e. the death of property owner leaving remaining family members to sell property to get full value of deceased estate to share among themselves , In regard to area u ask about very mixed need to do research, but price variance should give u good indicator of good or bad areas

Thanks Badger, that's clear now - I was thinking "housing estate" rather than "deceased estate".

I think Harolds Cross will always have a premium because of the potential for rentals, its amenities and distance from town.

Back