Kilmainham Bank?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
A friend of mine is considering bidding on an apartment in Kilmainham Bank?

Feels that they are good value for the location, size and aspect of the apartments?

But she can't find anything much online about them.

Any problems she should be aware of?

Brendan

1. It's in Inchicore, not Kilmainham!
2. From previous experience in a gated community, the gates break every second week and cause more hassle than if there were none.
3. Area is improving.
4. Nothing online is probably a good thing.

Provided she does not mind being very close to St. Patrick's Athletic ground with matches every couple of weeks then she should be ok. That would wreck my head :)

Handy enough for the Luas which can be picked up at Suir Bridge.

Not too far of a walk into town as well.

I understand the Camac river nearby did overflow some years back so that might be worth investigating but it would appear to

Also need to investigate if at all possible if St. Patrick's Athletic are going to develop their site further, maybe have a root around planning etc.

I have friends living up around there. Generally okay I think, but Suir Road Luas can be a bit dodgy IMO.

There was a plan for apartments and shopping and ground at st. Pat's but never went further than that.
It will eventually be developed and possibly the grounds relocated, but a match every couple of weeks with a few hundred people would not be a concern.

I used to live around there. Its very much Inchicore, not Kilmainham. I dont know much about this development, but I do know there are some interesting characters in Myra Close beside it (google it).
As a location, its brilliant. Great bus service, near town and a Dublin Bikes stop just up the road. Inchicore village is improving by the year. The river did flood a few years ago, but I dont think it caused any issues along that stretch. The floods were closer to town, near old Kilmainham

Back