kildare town / brownstown, curragh, co kildare?

L

louilou

was thinking of moving down to kildare town. just wondering has anyone any input on commuting to and from dublin on a daily basis for work is it doable?. also does anyone have on info on the area brownstown?

Hi louilou,

Kildare town is ok since the by pass at least there is somewhere to park now (although the pay parking is comming in the next few weeks), the only thing I will say is there is no major supermarket ie Tescos Dunnes etc.. Tesco have applied for a store on the monastervin road (not too sure of the outcome on this yet). Nice pubs couple of nice restaurants etc.. some good festivals during the year it's a nice place, Brownstown I think is a bit too far from any of the towns such as Kildare, Kilcullen etc.. although most of the kids go to school in the Curragh Camp. Let me know what estate/area your looking at and I'll let you know what it's like. With regard to the traveling the new 3 lane carrigeway is good, the traffic tends to build around Kingswood in the morning but when the red cow is sorted this should be ok (there is also talks of the junction at Newlands becomming a flyover to reduce traffic jams). The Curragh is great for walks with the kids and the dog lots of space and freedom from the clostraphobia of town life. Best of luck!!

thanks for that. The area I was looking at was the derby lodge in brownstown the apartment complex there. do you have any info on what its like there? do you know if the derby lodge is occupied by people working in the curragh camp?

Silly question.........Is that the place opposite The Rising Sun?, I'll find out in the morning for you.

yeh thats the apartments i was looking at. any info you would have would be great. thanks!

Do you have any family /friends in the area that is drawing you there ?

Being from Kildare, I think that Brownstown & the local areas have very little to to them. As said above, there are no shopping facilities and the dynamic of the area is such that most living there do so as they work in the Curragh Camp or did work there at some point. In terms of investment , your money would be better spent in the like of Kildare Town or Newbridge.

I wouldnt go for those apartments in Brownstown - always fights outside Rising Sun etc - not a very nice area. If I had to choose between Kildare town & Brownstown I would defo go with Kildare. There is nothing in Brownstown & its basically a kip.

I wouldnt go for those apartments in Brownstown - always fights outside Rising Sun etc - not a very nice area. If I had to choose between Kildare town & Brownstown I would defo go with Kildare. There is nothing in Brownstown & its basically a kip.

I've been told the same today, I'm glad someone else came back wtih this as I didn't want to sound like the only one saying it. Your best bet I think would be Kildare or Newbridge. Let me know if you find anywhere different around and I'll find out for you. Although spent many a night in Jockey Hall (I'm showing my age now LOL )Best of luck.

Back