Kildare Parking Spaces : House Ratio?

FTB2006

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the requirement is for the number of parking spaces a developer must provide per house? (specifically in Kildare)

I live in a 3 bed house on a row of 3 and 4 bed terraced houses. Unallocated parking is provided on the road in front of the houses and there space for 1.5 cars per house. I have one car, next door neghbour has 2, next guy 3 etc etc.. result being hassle parking in front of house.

Builders are still on site and there is a green in front of the house. WOuld it be worth asking if they could cut into the green to provide more parking? How likely are they to do this?

Any thoughts? Advice?

Thanks,
FTB

Last edited:
The local planning office should be able to confirm this. In relation to asking them about creating more spaces if you don't ask you don't get. Try and put it in as practical a manner, Perhaps have a drive around and see if other estates have this and use them as examples.
good luck you can never have enough parking spaces!

thanks Ted. Was trying to find detail on county council websites etc to no avail. I'll take your advice and see how I go...

The size of the green space is probably fixed in the planning permission, so I doubt if they will have flexibility to take this away. Families in the estate with kids may not be keen on giving up play space for parking. Do you have additional front-garden space that could be converted for parking?

Hi Rainyday,

Good point - i'll have a chat with the foreman. We dont have a front garden that is suitable to convert.

Rgds,
FTB2006

Hi FTB2006,

www.kildarecoco.ie have development plans for most towns/villages in Kildare. It depends on where you live but I know for sure that under the planning and development section for each plan it states what the parking allocations are for each new development. Alternatively if you know the name of the builder check out on the online planning section and see what they had submitted on the original plans to the authority.

Good luck

I bought a new build in County Dublin over 3 years ago and the planning called for 1.5 spaces per dwelling.

Back