Kilanerin (Killiniernin), Gorey area, Co.Wexford

Pixied

Hi

Some of you may be aware, we have been looking to move to the Ballymoney/Gorey area for the last few months.

We have come across some new estates for sale in the village of Killinierin, about 10 mins from Ballymoney. The village on paper appears to have everything in regard to shop, schools, sports..ect..Proximity to the N11.

Does anyone know anything about what this village is like to live in and if they are welcoming to 'blow-ins'? :)

Also which estates would you recommend?
What is the nearest beach?

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

Last edited:
Pixied

not sure about the village other then it is a lot more then 10mins from Ballymoney (i live there) closer to 25 / 30 mins. However I dont drive like a lunatic so maybe that just me!!!!!!!

good luck with whatever move you make - i have to say i love it but i knew the area really well before i moved

Lol..Thanks Helan72

You're must be right about the differance to Ballymoney, if you live there!

My husband wants to be near a beach (hence Ballymoney). What would be the nearest beach to you?

Also, any particular reasons why you love it? Thanks!!

i live bout 5 mins walk from ballymoney beach itself - i love the peace and quiet - however having said that it gets mental in the summer - if you move you will long for september to arrive!!! the area is beautiful and has everything you want. pubs, food, hotel (seafield) schools, churchs etc.

i suppose i am fairly biased as i live there and practially grew up in the area (we decamped down to mobile every summer as kids)

people (appear) to be less stressed / in a hurry and are much more willing to have a chat then most - all in all the best move i ever made

Back