Kids, kids, kids - advertising industry and the little ones

RMCF

I commented before on how Eircom Phonewatch have used the threat of something happening your 'little one' to persuade people to fork out loads on an alarm system.

Now I hear the Kia adverts on the radio, saying people buy them for reliability, value etc, PLUS 'cos the kids love it'. The kids love it? Yeah right.

When I first heard that ad, I though they were advertising IKEA; it all sounds fine till you get to the bit about lower car tax! :)

Now I hear the Kia adverts on the radio, saying people buy them for reliability, value etc, PLUS 'cos the kids love it'. The kids love it? Yeah right.

D'ont under estimate little people power.

I had my 2 little nieces over one of the days over Christmas as I had booked panto in the Olympia. With the snow and ice, we were worried about not being able to go because the roads were really bad my way, but their mum told them they could still go because Auntie had borrowed a snow monster - Yeti especially to take them there. Cue fascination with name and car.

Snow and ice long forgotten (thank god). As recently as last night, when the little one was getting tucked in she said - I love you Mammy, can we get a Yeti? She's 3.

Back