Kids Climbing into Garden

Hi Baroness,
Have you tried using plants as a defence...there are certain trees/shrubs like "bar beris" which is quite torny and is very hasd to break, they are also thorny climbers available. You might have to buy bigger plants to get the effect required but its worth a try. There's nothing illegal with planting shrubs/trees in your garden. I've seen it been done before on tv and woked, try going to a big garden center and explain that you are looking for thorny plants/trees/climbers and should be able to help.

we just moved and cut a load of this down because it scratches the car when the 2 are in the drive- thats good in your case! Its also used as a deterant against burglers hopping the wall or creeping into your house in the shadows or whatever. You should decide your route of action so that if someone took a case - and they will for anything these days, that you have decided for a reason other than detering pests or children.

"I put the wire fence on the top of my wall to stop litter blowing in and i never noticed children before :confused: " could stand in court but not "i was sick to the teeth of the friggers climbin in so i put wire up - but its not my fault it served its purpose Judge:D ".

I lived in the country most of my live and moved in to a really quite part of town last year......or so I thought! The kids on my road are very quite and very well behaved but the kids in the adjoining estate are another story! They're always ringing my bell and when I open the door there could be up to 5 kids standing there and they just burst pass me to go out my back to get their ball. Sometimes they have a dog with them who never fails to deposit his goods in my front lawn also! I always comment when the dog is there and tell them I don't like dogs but it goes in one ear and out the other. I certainly don't want to fall out with the parents but half the time they don't know where the kids are.

There's kids from a different estate constantly playing in the garden on the other side of me. The house has been idle for the past 6 or 9 months. They use that garden as their "den". A fence between that house and mine has really weakened and one day when I was off during the week I heard a bang when I was out in the garden and when I looked over there were three little mites aged 3, 6 and 7 taking it in turns to swing over this fence from the other house in to mine. I turned in to Cruella de Ville and told them I'd have to phone the Guards if I ever saw them near that house again and especially if they ever came near my house again! That was in September. I saw them for the first time since this week while I was at home sick but I didn't have the strength to run them!

Back