Kick out bonds

tony50

Bcp European defensive edge kick out bond I have looked at this and can’t make up my mind any help out there thanks for any replies

It would be nice if you added some information on the bond or at least a link

You are more likely to get a response by doing some of the footslog yourself instead of asking people to google and find the relevant information thenselves

I for one, have better things to do

It's a kick out bond.
You don't need to know any more.

The product creator and the broker make money. Nobody else does.

These are generally a terrible idea.

Which you've been advised before:

First of all, it is a 10 year term, so your money could be locked away for 10 years and you can't access it. The capital guarantee on it doesn't apply if the value falls by 50%, so you may get less than half your money back after it being locked away for 10 years. It is an unsecured debt, so you can sing for your money if the fund goes bust.

It offers the potential of earning a return of 9% per annum if the fund is at or above the Autocall Barrier. In the quick glance I had at the document, I couldn't see what the Autocall Barrier was. Given interest rates on deposits, which are safe and secure is 0%, you have to take risk to get a return of 9%.

If you want a return of 9%, invest in a global equity fund that you can access at any time yourself. This products are rubbish and nothing but a way for the producers to make money off other people's savings.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Back