Kia Optima

joer

Hi there
Does anyone have any feedback on a 2017 Kia Optima. My son test drove one today and thought it was great but I know nothing at all about Kia cars in general.
Any feedback would be welcome and thanks.

We have a Kia, not a Optima but two friends have optimas and are delighted with them. Seven year warranty and Kia are very reliable brand. I'd certainly only have positive things to say about them.

They have an excellent reputation on reliability, and seven year warranty, is class leading. A friend has a Ceed, it was 9 years old recently, and they still, fully covered, an out of warranty issue, which is a rare event.

The same logic could be said of absolutely any car you buy from a garage. What's the problem unless he wants to trade it in the next day?

Some cars hold there resale value better though.there is no problem but I can't imagine they will trade it for at least 2-3 years if buying outright or with a pcp agreement.

Well all cars do but at a different %

Isuzu -35% average 3 year depreciation
Jaguar -50% average 3 year depreciation
Lamborghini -10% average 3 year depreciation

Kia -50% average 3 year depreciation

Some strange choices to compare a Kia against there!!

50% isn't that far off among the norm. A ThisIsMoney review of the top performing common models in the UK put the Nero in the top 10 with 51.4%. An older MotorCheck study suggests at that time the Skoda Suberb was the best performing large saloon, retaining 61% of its value after 3 years, the Opel Insignia was in second place at 52%.

I am glad to hear that about the Opel Insignia Leo.
I bought one a 171 in December last, and I really like it. I drove about 4 Astra models before this and liked the look of the Insignia.
When my son was looking around a few people told him to stay away from the Insignia :rolleyes: He has gone for the Optima.

Well all cars do but at a different %
Lamborghini -10% average 3 year depreciation

Kia -50% average 3 year depreciation

I'm staying away from the lambo I was looking at so.

I've a 7 year old Kia Sportage and I was offered 50% of what I paid for it as a trade in for a two year old Sportage in December. So you are way off the mark for 50% in 3 years.

Back