Keytrade Belgium won't open account for me

asksm

As Keytrade have many of the funds that Rabodirect did before they shut down their investment operation in Ireland I emailed Keytrade Belgium to ask if they would allow me to open an account from Ireland. They said yes and provided a link to an application form. After filling in the long application from and posting it along with copies of my passport, proof of address, and proof of tax ID they emailed me to say the application was declined without explanation and on follow up declined to provide an explanation.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Has anone successfully opened an account with them from Ireland in the recent past?
Does anyone know what they are at with this behaviour?
Has anyone found a low cost alternative to Rabo with access to a similar find range?

Keytrade Bank just decline the application without any explanation even though you have satisfied all of their due diligence requirements.

I transferred my sons account to a child plan with Zurich. It's quite a restrictive investment as the policy is assigned to the child from the outset and the parents can no longer control the fund choice so a good broad fund choice is required. I'm also going through the process of opening an account with Key Trade Bank - does anyone have any expereince of this company good or bad?

Try opening an account at Keytrade Bank Luxembourg

Last edited:
How long did it take Keytrade Luxembourg to respond to you. I posted in the form and documents in early Dec but have heard nothing from them. I also emailed them twice to enquire about the status of the application but no response either.

Do they have similar products and fees on the trading platform as Keytrade Belgium?

It took about 6 weeks for the account to be opened. Did you have success with opening your account ?
Fees and trading platform are very similar to the Belgian account. The main difference is that they do not refund the broker fees from the transfer out account (Cantor Fitzgerald). The Belgian bank refund the fees.

Back