Key to open ESB box - where to get one?

Yeager

Has anyone bought a key to open the ESB box gto read the meter? Looking for one but don't know where to get them - West Dublin area preferrably. A pliers wont do it i don't think.

Cheers

Any electrical wholesaler in your area, look in golden pages under electrical wholesalers.

Has anyone bought a key to open the ESB box gto read the meter? Looking for one but don't know where to get them - West Dublin area preferrably. A pliers wont do it i don't think.

Cheers

Chadwicks on the greenhills rd.

Contact ESB Networks at 1850372757 or email them at [email protected] and they will send out one to you free gratis.

Regards,

Fnergg

I emailed ESB as above at about 8am this morning and received an email from them at lunchtime saying they would post one out tomorrow.

Very good customer service.

I use a pliers with a narrow nib.

You can get an ESB meter key in any hardware shop for about 50c

If you're a Gas consumer, Bord Gais will also supply meter keys free of charge - just fill in the query form on their website. I got one within 2 days of asking!

If you're a Gas consumer, Bord Gais will also supply meter keys free of charge - just fill in the query form on their website. I got one within 2 days of asking!

As a matter of interest, was it a metal or plastic key?

Regards,

Fnergg

Straying slightly from the original question, my meter door was left open (presumably by the reader, no-one else has any interest in opening it) and the hinge was damaged before I noticed. Now it is difficult to close. I know its my box but am i responsible for repair ?

Straying slightly from the original question, my meter door was left open (presumably by the reader, no-one else has any interest in opening it) and the hinge was damaged before I noticed. Now it is difficult to close. I know its my box but am i responsible for repair ?

If it's your ESB meter then the ESB will normally repair it free of charge on a once only basis i.e. if it breaks again it will be up to you to fix it. Contact ESB Networks at 1850372757.

Regards,

Fnergg

the door got taken off our meter one night (i think it was halloween?) and was like that for a few weeks anyway we got a bill and then a couple of days later I came home and there was a brand new door on our meter which I can only assume ESB fitted after the reader reported it missing

Back