Key Post: Stop those annoying pop-up adverts

N

N0elC

I’ve started to use Popupcop to stop those annoying pop-up adverts while surfing. They’re giving a free 30 -day trial if you want it.

killing pop-ups

How much does it cost after the 30 day trial?
Does it allow you to launch IE from the QuickLaunch bar in Win2000?

Re: killing pop-ups

Pop Up Stopper from Panicware has a completely free version, which has a few less features than the non-free version but I've been using the free one for the best part of a year and its very handy. It kicks in automatically when you start IE/Netscape, then there is an icon in the bottom right corner (beside your clock) where you can turn it on or off as you need it.

www.panicware.com/popupst...mpare.html

Or you can just get Opera instead of IE (It is free but quite big to download) and turn on its built in pop up killer.

Pop Up Stopper

I had Pop Up Stopper from Panicware installed before. The problem was that it prevented me from launching IE from the QuickLaunch bar.
If you're running an OS such as WinNT that has no QuickLaunch bar then I would certainly recommend Pop Up Stopper as a good solution.

Re: Pop Up Stopper

Yeah I have that problem as well. well, it stops me from launching it from there if there is an IE window open already. Thats why I said you need to keep it handy and turn it on or off.

But as a "free" solution rather than a "free trial" I think its the best available

Use Opera

Opera (now version 7.02) has a built-in facility to stop these annoying adds from popping up.

It's found in the Quick Preferences option under either File or Edit, I can't remember.

I have been using Opera since version 3, so it goes back a few years, and only use IE under duress. It's so slow if you have slow connection.

regards

Bubbles

Pop up stopper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do NOT have to turn off Pop Up Stopper in order to lanuch a second IE window or to run IE from the QuickLaunch Bar . . just hold the 'Ctrl' key.

Typo removed by RainyDay

Back