Key Post: Portugal.

Portugal is fab. I go there about 6 times a year. I love it so much that when I'm leaving, I never know whether I'm leaving home or going home. The people are the friendliest I've ever met. I've been going there for over 30 years and have lately purchase 2 apartments as rental investment. One 40 miles nth. of Lisbon and the other on a resort in Albufeira (Algarve) The Portugese pople are like the Irish were 20 years ago, Kind, considerate, friendly and very helpful. Just like us (20 years ago) if you want something done in a hurry, no problem, straight away, but don't depend on it for it will be at least to-morrow, real laid back.

great to see lagos so popular here, it is also where i would gladly live in, a smashing town. budget travel now do trips there as well, might not be a town for the younger age group as its not "wild" more a spot for the older age group and perfect for couples. well worth a visit.

I live in Central Portugal near Tomar. It's a beautiful, peaceful and relaxing part of the country and totally different from the Algarve (which is also lovely!). Any questions fire away!

Sarah W

Hi sarah, Tomar is indeed a lovely place,

p.s. when are you having a house warming party?

I too love Lagos. We booked flights ourselves and got a great two bed apartment through ownersdirect.com. Really good value to be found on this site. It knocked about a grand off a family holiday as opposed to package holiday.

Looking for a good location for a Party of 8(2 families , 4 kids ages 7 to 16) ideally within 1 hour of Faro - Would consider good Mobile home site with pool/slides for the kids or House/Complex with shared pool- Travelling in mid July so Air conditioning- Any ideas where to start- Never been to Portugal!

again lagos and again check ownersdirect. they have lots of large villas with private pools.

Considering going to Estrela da Luz resort for two weeks - Anyone know anything about it. travelling with kids aged 8 - 16???

Portugal is fab. I go there about 6 times a year. I love it so much that when I'm leaving, I never know whether I'm leaving home or going home. The people are the friendliest I've ever met. I've been going there for over 30 years and have lately purchase 2 apartments as rental investment. One 40 miles nth. of Lisbon and the other on a resort in Albufeira (Algarve) The Portugese pople are like the Irish were 20 years ago, Kind, considerate, friendly and very helpful. Just like us (20 years ago) if you want something done in a hurry, no problem, straight away, but don't depend on it for it will be at least to-morrow, real laid back.

Mullking - I'm just back from 4 days in the Lourinha area, also about 40 miles north of Lisbon, you must be a neighbour!!! I totally agree with yor comments, I'm in a depression right now thinking about our 4 days spent in lisbon, Obidos and Peniche....wonderful people, fabulous food (and coffee), and great beer and wine also. And so much cheaper than Ireland.

All the best.

Thinking of going for Easter to The Algarve. Anyone know what the weather should be like? Ls.

Thinking of going for Easter to The Algarve. Anyone know what the weather should be like? Ls.

I have just booked Ryanair flights to Faro, going out 11/04/2009 and coming back 19/04/2009. From my research, the weather should reach 22-23 degrees on good days. Sunny skies are very likely, although some cloud and possibly rain can also be found there at this time of year. Whatever the weather there though, it will be better and warmer than here!

Re: Portugal

i agree with lorraine.

.only word of warning though

its full of aussies. hundreds of them.

joeysoap

Hi Joeysoap. Do aussies come that far on their holliers. Are they like the English lager louts. If so I'm sorry to hear that because my daughter is getting married to one! Only joking - I don't think she'd marry a lout!

Back