Key Post: Paris

One more tip for Slim...

Slim, if this is still in time to be useful...(?)

If you're renting a car, check if you can pick it up AT Beauvais airport (and presumably return it there).

I've done this a few times in recent years when bringing the Missus + 5 kids on a January break to Paris (incl. 1 full day at Disneyland — quite enough for anyone's nerves/budget...!)

Last January I flew the 7 of us there for 6 days ex-Shannon, taking full advantage of the Ryanair €0.01 seat offer. OK, took a bit of trawling through the site — and I could afford to be reasonably flexible about the dates. But I ended up getting 7 return flights for €145. €20-ish per head — you couldn't NOT go...! :)

Now, had I then taken the Ryanair bus the 65km into Paris (Beauvais isn't even in the "Paris region"..!), that would have cost me exactly another €140 (7 x €10 each way, for a coach transfer that quite properly used to be free...) Instead, I booked the car from/to Beauvais airport, saving €140 and getting to our destination faster — and even the car hire itself was fractionally cheaper! (most of the agencies charge a small premium for a Paris city-centre pickup)

As for car hire value — again, if it's not too late? — give your bucks to an Irish-based agency that — for me, anyway — beat all comers, and gave great service to boot.
www.argusrentals.com

And don't be apprehensive about driving in France and/or "skirting" Paris (quite sensibly). I've been doing it for years and it's a helluva lot easier than driving around Ireland.

Bon voyage,

Dr. M.

P.S. If you want good value accommodation in Paris at some stage along the way, read

Re: One more tip for Slim...

Dr. M

Thanks but went last June. Took exit from CDG but missed exit into motorway for the West/SW. Hurtled straight into central Paris. Had no idea where we were. Maps were useless as they were all designed for SW France. Follwed a car that seemed to know where he was going, onto bank of Seine. Could see Eiffel Tower and headed for it. Stopped at base of tower but could not wake the kids to show them. Mrs. S. was impressed though.

There is a lack of direction signs in central Paris, except for tourist attractions, but headed for Montparnasse as I could see the tower in distance. Happened on slipway onto peripherique and Bob's your uncle, 11 hours later turned up at campsite in Lot area. Nobody speaking to one another by then but we made it.

Slim 8)

PS: Heading to Paris for city break September so trawling this thread thanks to Sueellen to find hotel.

Re: Calling Dr. Moriarty..

Hi Dr. M,

Your link on your Feb 04 post seems not to be working. Any way of getting the info you were leaving as I'm heading to Paris late Sept.

Thanks

Slim 8)

PS: Etap Hotel looks fab value. Any catch?

Re: Calling Dr. Moriarty..

Hi Slim,

Sorry to be so late replying — was away in France for much of last month and just happened on this thread now... (shoulda pm'd me!) But it looks like I'm not too late, if you're only going over there in late September?

I don't know where the thread I linked to above has disappeared to, but from memory I'd say I probably mentioned the [broken link removed] chain. Similar deal to Etap, but even cheaper; I used the one in Beauvais on the way home last month and it was €26 for a room for three people (we needed two of them!)

Is there a catch? Well, they're the cheapest motel chain in France. The hotels are made from precast concrete and look a bit like bunkers from the outside, and the rooms are identical wherever you go. So they don't really score in the "charm & character" stakes! But they're always spotlessly clean, or at least that's been my experience — loos and showers are on the landing, and are of the automatic self-cleaning type (a bit like those pay-per-pee public kiosk thingies!). They (the hotels, not the loos!) are also usually located in or near industrial estates or off the edge of a motorway, so in some cases they mightn't be the kind of neighbourhood you'd like to stroll home through alone, late at night...

In the case of Paris, 'though, for €38 a night I'd have to say I couldn't fault the one at the [broken link removed] (and there are three other similar ones dotted around the Boulevard Périphérique — check the map [broken link removed]) It's right opposite a big shopping centre, with a good Carrefour supermarket for your last-minute purchases of fayne wayne ;) , and it's on one of the main metro lines and the PC bus line, which makes getting anywhere by public transport a doddle...

OK, it's hardly "romantic", but hell, how much time/money do you want to spend in your hotel room? (...right. Let's not even go there..!)

Bon voyage. Pm me if I can help with anything else...

Dr. M.

Re: >>Hotels in Paris

Doc/Slim,

Do you think it might be this thread that you linked to. I notice your last post on both threads was the same date 22/2.

Re: >>Hotels in Paris

That's the one, sueellen, thanks... :) (the topic must have been moved to a different thread or something; when I originally pasted the link in it pointed to topicID=1529, now it's topicID=144...?) Anyway, I've pm'd slim to draw his attention to it.

Dr. M.

Re: Le Meredien Etoile

I stayed at Le Meridien Etoile a few times. Best deal I got was on their website. 180 Euro per room per night on a prepaid basis. Book plenty of time in advance and be sure of your travel dates as these are non-refundable prices! I am sure similar prices are still available. Great location though, accross the road from the concorde, a few lovely little restaurants, especially the one on the left corner of the same street as you leave the hotel, can't remember the name. Super menu! Good luck! Wish I was going back there, but next time is to Eurodisney with the kids!

Some other posts:

ajones
What to do in Paris

Hi folks,

I am going to Paris from Friday till Sunday.
Has anyone any recommendation of where to eat and what to see given that time is limited.

Regards
Anne

decbuck
Paris

I'd say a walk along the champs elysees.

Visit the eiffel tower, stade de france also does tours.

We also visited the notre dame, which is lovely. Across the road from the eiffel tower is a pedestrianised area full of restaurants. Can't remember the name but have to go there.

First thing you do when you get there is to to buy a 3 day metro ticket. This should cost about €18 but is well worth it.

rainyday
Re: What to do in Paris

I just loved the [broken link removed] if you have a couple of free hours. Much quiter than the Louvre.

Enaja

Go to the Sacre Coeur and the Artists Quarter. It's on the left side when you get up to the top of the steps. The view is amazing you can see the whole of Paris.
I would definately do a boat trip on the Seine, go at night and everything is lit up,lovely but wrap up as it will be cold (open boat). You get to pass most of the main sights along the river.
The Eiffel tower is nice but the queue can be terrible. I'd leave it for another time walk around it at night.
The palace at Versailles is amazing, so are the gardens(even for someone like me who isn't into gardening at all!)worth a visit.

If I think of anything else later I'll post it!

sueellen

Ceist Beag
Frequent poster

One thing I would advise is taking to metro to get around ... if you try and walk everywhere you will be knackered and most likely have blisters!!! Its one big city! Get the packet of 10 tickets (carne de dix s'il vois plais!!!) to get ye around for the day.

PMU
Unregistered User
things to do in Paris

I’ve posted before on the Batobus www.batobus.com - a hop-on hop-off boat that goes up and down the Seine as an excellent way to see Paris. It stops at all the major attractions. You can also on Sundays and holidays get the Balabus – a regular bus that goes in a circular route from the Gare de Lyon to la Défence and back again. It goes by most of the major sites. If the Balabus isn’t running, the no 73 (?) does more or less the same route (Musée d’Orsay – La Défence). You can check out Paris transport on www.ratp.fr.. It has downloadable maps, etc. You’re better off using the bus rather than the metro as it gives you a chance to see the city and is cheaper than a tour. If you want to eat there are loads of (average) restos in the pedestrian streets around rue de la Harpe near Bl St Michel. For something better try the restos on rue de la Montange de St. Genviève, which is on the hill leading down from the Pantheon to Bl. Saint Germain. And check out [broken link removed] before you go.

rory
Re: things to do in Paris

Musee Marmottan, 2 rue Louis-Bouilly - fantastic Impressionist collection
Sainte Chapelle - amazing stained glass

Enaja
more about Paris!

Paris Guides:

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Where to stay (recommended on previous posts)

www.hotel-du-champ-de-mars.com
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

paulocon
Food & Drink

Hi all,

Heading over in a couple of weeks for a few nights with my wife and another couple. Joint 30th bash!

Been there a couple of times but a while ago now. Just wondering what it's like price-wise for food and drink compared to good old Ireland?

Any recommendations for good/reasonable bars and restaurants? - think we are staying quite close to the Eiffel Tower.

Also, any recommendations for some alternative things to do - been there before a couple of times and have seen Eiffel Tower/Louver/Notre Dame etc. Just looking for something a bit off the mainstream.

Elcato
Re: Food & Drink

Avaerage price of beer (pintish) is about 7 - 9 euro in the bars. Unbelievably the Irish bars a generally cheaper than the others especially as they do happy hours. I'm ready for a right scalding next week for the match.

Enaja
Re: Food & Drink

Restaurant guide:

[broken link removed]

Other things to do:

[broken link removed]

www.opera-de-paris.fr/
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

www.parisdigest.com/takingarest/parcdestuileries.htm
[broken link removed]

Yet more French guides! to everything that is happening.

www.pidf.com/an-world
www.cometoparis.com/parisianbrasseries

Cuchulainn
Unregistered User
gay paree

When you compare the prices of eating out in Paris to here you just have to wonder. In response to an earlier query, Bofinger in Bastile is brilliant, as is petite bofinger near boulevard Housmann. On the price of drink, went into this bar in Paris last time, asked for a beer and water. Other half went to the ladies when we entered and barman put the beer and water on counter. I put down a €20 note and he came back with a little saucer with very little change on it and the receipt for the drinks. He obviously expected me to wave away the saucer but Cu was thinking to himself. ' I dont know how much this costs here but in Dundak there would be a tenner showning and in Dublin there would be at least a fiver showing but Cu cant see any notes on the tray' The barman got fed up waiting and walked away just as better half returned from the ladies. 'You'll never belive this' says she as Cu is studying the receipt, 'but on the way to the toilets theres a lap dancing section and there's 'girls' twirling around poles etc etc.' 'Well they might be' replies Cu,' they are on the price of the drink'. The beer was €12 and the water €6.50. So naturally I had to go to the toilets before leaving. Call of Nature.

Elcato
Re: gay paree

On the price of drink, went into this bar in Paris last time, asked for a beer and water
Come on Cu ..... Givus the name. I may need, ahem, to check it out next weekend (with my hipflask in tow).

Slim
Frequent poster
Paris prices

Just back from Paris. Had a ball. Prices were reasonable when you see what you get. For example, on Champs Elysee during the day, Menus were advertised at about 9/10€ for a pizza, a little more for other restaurants for a main course. At night we dined in the Villiers area, 17e arrond., near Arc de Triomphe. We dined in two bistros which were dearer than the average, 3 course meal for €41, plus wine of course which ranges from €14 for bot of Chianti in the pizza place to €30 for a bot of 1er Cru in the finer restaurant. Watch out though, spirits and beer are very expensive. A cognac instead of dessert in the finer establishment was €10(dessert would have been €9). A beer was €6 - €7 most places.

Overall great value and great grub.

Slim

Cuchulainn
Unregistered User
paris

Elcato: Didn't get the name. Couldn't risk looking too interested, otherwise the lap dancers were the nearest I was going to ............ it was near a street called Capucines or something like that and had American Flags all over the windows. The 'bouncer' on the door was female.Up to then the dearest I had paid was €8 for a Carlsberg, and that was sitting out on the pavement at some bar. The Irish pubs were full of smoke, which was a definite turn off. The prices for Moulin Rouge etc are a rip off. Anyone know if tickets etc can be got for these shows ( crazy horse, moulin rouge, lido) at a discount?

paulocon
Spend 30 Euro and still be sober??

cuchulainn,

All this talk of 8 Euro a pint have me worried.
I'm heading over next week (last-gasp negotiations with the FAI and their French counterparts to have the match put back a week look destined to fail) and am hoping against hope that you have some advice on somewhere to go for a few reasonably-priced pints......

Staying in Arondissment 18 - anyone know of any good bars/pubs/restaurants around there?

Some other posts

Savy
Frequent poster
day out in Paris

Going to Disneyland paris with kids at the end of the month and we will spend one day in Paris.
Can anybody advise me as to the following, the best way to tour Paris.
I was looking at open bus tours.For a family of 2+2 children it was over 100 euro!
Can I buy one day Paris metro passes when I get to Paris.
How much do they cost for the day?Also which zones do I need to include to see Arc,Eiffel,Louvre...the essential touristy places?
Many thanks
S

Tony Soprano
Unregistered User
Here ya go

Try this link - should have all the info you require.
[broken link removed]

Click the image on the bottom left of the screen
Paris Viste
your transport pass
for ticket info!

Savy
Frequent poster
Ta

Tony,
many thanks...just what I was looking for

PMU
Unregistered User
best way to see Paris

One of the best ways to see Paris is via the Bateaubus - www.batobus.com/. It's a hop-on hop-off boat that goes up and down the Seine, stopping at all the important sites, from the Eiffel Tower to east of Notre Dame.

Savy
Frequent poster

PMU,
that looks cool.
many thanks.

How long does the whole tour take(ignoring time spent at each attraction)?

PMU
Unregistered User
day in Paris

Savy: I don’t know how long the whole tour takes. About 1 hr 30 I’d guess. I got off at every stop, did the touristic things and then got the boat on to the next stop, etc. So it took most of the day. But if you just want a boat trip on the Seine you can pick up the bateaumouches on the river at the bridges near the Eiffel tower. You can also see most of the main sights in Paris by public transport, by bus. If you know Paris you can work out the best routes from the RATP bus map. And if you can’t it’s a bit of an adventure. If you are going to Paris with kids one place slightly different that will scare the hell out of them is to take them to the catacombs [broken link removed] near place Dernfert Rochereau. If you are looking for cheap (well, cheaper than Dublin) eats try the restos on the walking streets around rue de la Harpe, near St. Severin / Boulevard St Michel.

tedd
Re: day out in Paris

Boats great idea. Paris also a brilliant city to see on fot and could fit in a great day if kids not too young to walk a bit. Definitely recommend against Metro on a one day trip...why miss a minute underground? Can also be hard work with kids, depending on ages. (Lots of stairs, some stations with no escalators or lifts)

Dr Moriarty
Re: day out in Paris

Walking around Paris with young kids can be a bit nerve-wracking, if you're on the tourist trail, and it can get quite hot in July/August — if you want to chill out for a while, but still let the kids have some fun, I'd definitely recommend the [broken link removed], down along the quays near the Gare d'Austerlitz. Depending on their ages, the Natural History Museum should be a bit of fun, too. It's where I always bring our "smallies while my wife and the older girls disappear into the big department stores...

Dr. M.

Just back from Paris after the France v Ireland game.
Metro
For travel value purchase a Paris Viste
€18 for 3 days unlimited travel on Metro,Bus and RER Trains for 3 zones which lets you see nearly all of Paris.These can be purchased at any Metro station. Metro finished at 00.30.

Accommodation
We stayed in Au Pacific, [broken link removed] it was hard to beat the location and the price of €64 a night. I do not know if it is the law, but all the hotels in the area had to display the price of their rooms at the door and our place was a bargain !.The place was clean and basic.No complaints. The breakfast was ok. €6.50. Tea/Coffee, cereal, croissant, bread rolls, yogurt pots and orange juice. Compared to eating breakfast out this was actually cheap and convenient. It is a short walk from a metro station with links to 3 different metro lines and a short walk from the Eiffel tower.The rooms to the front are better and I believe some are mini studios with a mini kitchen.

Places to go.
A 1 day pass to the museums is €17, this should be bought if going to the smaller museums.
Admission into mist museums is €7/8
Louvre
A whole day is nearly required to see everything in the Louvre.
The Mona Lisa was 'cute', but behind a glass cage.Thousands do go but there is room for everyone.
Eiffel Tower
It's €10.50 to the top, the views are great.The later in the night you go the shorter the queues.Closes 23.00 winter 00.00 summer.
Walk across to the Trocadero and have your picture taken with the Eiffel Tower in the backround, also have your picture taken at nighttime with the tower lit up it looks fabulous. The Marine Museum and the Natural history ? Museum is as the the trocadero also
Hotel Des Invalides
The army museum is here and Napoleons tomb. Good Cafe also
Latin Quarter/Left bank
This is like the Temple Bar of Paris or visa versa. This is where the food and drink is cheaper unlike Temple Bar. It is also the best spot to pick up all those touristy presents that you have to bring back and it is just across the river from Notre Dame.

Eating Out
For snacks we found Brasseries expensive, it was hard to find a patisserie that also served Tea and coffee there.
Drink is not cheap, with prices for standing at the bar and sitting down confusing.In Irish bars they charge just one price.Needless to say the price sitting down is dearer. Price of 0.5l of beer was €6.50 - 8.00.
The main problem we had was translating the French Menus. The price of a starter and a dessert was dear, but for the main course it was mainly cheaper than Dublin. Sirloin Steak (Faux Fillet) Au Poirve and Chips €12.
Recommend - Les Bleu Disc not far from the hotel and Les Deux Palais - Blvd du Palais, just down the road from Notre Dame and Cite Metro Station.

Flights
Flew Ryanair for the first time, found them fine. Quick takeoff and quick landing. Beauvais airport is pretty small.You have to purchase your bus tickets outside. Purchase 2 one for the journey in and one for the flight back.€10 each way. Bus journey is fine. Just make sure you are at the bus station at Port Malliot at 3hr 15' before your departure time.

Shopping
Shopping was the big disappointment. Then again I did not know where the bargains were.The prices were just too dear. Galaries Lafayette is just worth going into just to see the beautiful glass dome and each golden floor leading up to it.
There was a sunday market along the main street near our hotel, but it finished at 14.00. It was the only time during the trip I felt envious of people living in Paris, because the market was full of beautiful fresh flowers, meat, fish, vegetables and clothes all in the one spot. As soon as the market finished the council were on hand to clean up everything.

There is a heavy police (not too much) presence in Paris and felt safe at all times, but they do love to use there sirens, it is hard to 30 minutes without hearing a siren going. Walking is the best way to see Paris but it can be tiring. As for the French people there were fine and helpful, especially at the hotel.

Sorry Sueellen if I went on to long

"Sorry Sueellen if I went on too long"

Hi Tall Chapy,

Not possible for you to go on too long :) I'm sure everyone appreciates your contribution. Thanks for taking the trouble to post.

Some other posts

veron01
Paris Hotels

Hi folks,

Does anyone know any nice hotels in Paris, preferably central to Eiffel Tower etc and that is clean and comfortable?

Thanks.

realsmithy
Unregistered User
Paris Hotels

Try the Hotel Leveque in La Rue Cler (Metro - Ecole Militaire) hotel-leveque.com
Excellent location and very reasonable by Parisian standards. The only problem may be availability as it is very popular.

dooley
hotel and bistro recommendation

Can I recommend the Hotel Trinite Plaza, on the Rue Pigalle in the 9th Arrondisement?
This is on a quiet one-way street just south of the famous red-light district and just North of the Rue Haussmann, the main shopping area of Paris.
Also I can recommend Le Bistro de Deux Theatres, where a 4-course set menu is available, including wine, for 31 euros a head. Very good place to eat.
The hotel also does a shuttle to CDG ( 15 euro a head)or Beauvais

Who Me
Unregistered User
Hotel Trinite Plaza

Dooley.... "Can I recommend the Hotel Trinite Plaza, on the Rue Pigalle in the 9th Arrondisement" I thought I read in a tourist guide to avoid hotels in this area as it is so close to the "Red Light" Area of Paris.

Are you serious about this place or are you having us on?????????

michaelm
Re: Paris Hotels

Possibly the Hotel de l'Avre would suit you. The rooms are simple but at €72 you can't go wrong. The Eiffel Tower is about 10 mins walk and you can see it from the top of the stairs when you arrive at the over-ground metro (La Motte Picquet Grenelle) which is 2 mins from the hotel. I personally would return there. The hotel is reviewed

techman29
paris hotels

Use to check out customer reviews of hotels.

Excellent site.

MissRibena
In defence of Pigalle

Don't worry about the Red Light District - it's not like Amsterdam. There's practically nothing worse on the display than page 3 stuff from the street and that's in poster form outside the clubs - even the shops only had the most tame (Ann Summers) stuff in the windows. I guess you only see the real McCoy if you go looking for it and you wise up very fast.

Myself and my female friend stayed in a little hotel (nothing special but fine) in March at about 25euro each per night and it was a fantastic trip. Once you are off the main strip (pardon the pun), the area is like an authentic paris - a maze of little streets, boulangeries, cafes, little squares. It's right by Montremartre and beside the area that has all the cloth wholesalers (if you're into unusual material, sari stuff etc). Food was dirt cheap and the choice was brill - plenty of 3 course meals for 15-20 euro a head (Indian, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Steakhouse, Vietnamese you name it). I would definitely stay there again - it made the whole trip seem a lot more of an adventure.

It depends on the kind of trip you are after. If it's luxury or family, then Pigalle might not be what you want but if it's something less sanitised than HolidayInn or Novotel i-could-be-anywhere-in-the-world type things, then the area could make your trip more interesting.

Rebecca

Ceist Beag
Frequent poster
Re: Paris hotels

As mentioned in this forum before, check out http://www.venere.com/ (www.venere.com/) for hotel reviews - much like trip advisor.

Maceface
Frequent poster
Paris Hotels

Hey Guys,

Any recommendations on Paris Hotels?
Somewhere central would be nice, and not expensive!

TIA,
MaceFace

decbuck

Stayed in the renaissance, which is part of the marriott group. It is only 3 or 4 stops from champs elysees and in business dsitrcit. Right beside big shopping centre.

I thought it was perfect considering the cost of hotels in paris.

It cost 99 euro a night, which was well worth it,

OhPinchy
Ibis

I stayed in the ibis in Cambronne for €75 for the room per night. Tiny rooms, but most in paris are and it was very clean and modern with great powershower (though the bathroom is also very tiny) so if you are looking for a place to use as a base for tourism like we were this could be perfect. If you are gonna be lazing around the room youll want a bit more space, but like I said for us it was a grand job and the bed was decent.

Cambronne is a nice spot near the eifel tower, but I have to say the metro is SO brilliant that it really really doesnt matter where you stay as you can get across town in minutes.

Maceface
Frequent poster

Cheers Decbuck.
Any idea of where you booked it. The prices are over 200 from the places i see.

Ta

decbuck

what dates are you looking for.

Maceface
Frequent poster

I am looking from the 14/10/04 till the 18/10/04 (thurs to Mon), so it could be more expensive.

Thanks OhPinchy for that. Will check it out.
Most important thing is a clean room imo.

decbuck

Sorrry I thought it was going to be for a weekend. As this is business district, you can see that it is an expensive hotel. But prices drop way down at the weekend.

So if your ever going at the weekend, keep that hotel in mind.

So may as well go with the other recommendation from OhPinchy. they are right in waht they say about not having to stay in exact centre, as the metro is brilliant, and you will know your way around really well after a few hours.

decbuck

Just looked at marriott website, the hotel is 98 for 15,16 and 17, but the 14th will be about 225.

Maceface
Frequent poster

Hey decbuck.

I was also on marriot (and dot) fr and I don't see that.
Was it the same one?

decbuck

I did marriott.com

Little trick with booking hotel with changing dates. Make two seperate bookings. If you put in dates 14-19 Oct, your first night is 225 and then drops to 123, little note under the rate.

But if you book for one night (14th ) it's 225, and then book again for 15,16,17 it is 98 for each of those nights.

Maybe you don't want the hassle of paying the extra or moving hotels, I suggest you try an alternative.

Some other posts only updated after Slim's return from Paris

Slim
Paris Restaurants

I am taking Mrs. S to Paris for a few days at end of Sept/early Oct. I find the range of hotels available daunting and I wondered if any of you can recommend;
1) A nice, elegant, romantic hotel that won't break the bank and
2) A couple of good restaurants that are very good but not necessarily priced by Monsieur Michelin?

My problem is that I do not know the geography of Paris very well. I will buy a guide. I am prepared to travel in and out of city centre each day to see the sights so I don't need to be near the Eiffel Tower or arc de Triomphe at night although that would be nice. Herself is not foolish enough to think she can really shop in Paris and is more interested in sights and art. The Ryanair bus stops off at Place de la porte Maillot so I would like to be near it.

All advice appreciated.

Slim

Sueellen
Paris Restaurants

www.paris.org/

Slim
Re: Paris Restaurants

Thanks for the guide pointers, Sue.

Anyone got personal recommendations for restaurants?

Slim

EvilDoctorK

If you can get your hands on

www.amazon.co.uk/exec

Lonely Planet's Out to Eat Paris .. it's a little old now so might be a bit hard to find.

I have used on several trips and haven't had a bad meal out of it yet.

NathanielStarbuck

Bistro du Dôme, rue de la Bastille. A wonderful seafood restaurant. Never miss the chance to visit when in Paris. Went there on the night I proposed to the missus!

Recommend Hotels in Paris

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Paris? A 3-star would be fine, I was looking at district 9 area, also a travel agent I rang recommended the Pax Hotel in Paris, has anyone ever stayed here and if so what was it like for location and was it clean?

I highly recommend Hotel de College du France in the Latin area near wonderful restaurants, sites, etc. Good price, best location, just perfect! [broken link removed]

Have a look on www. tripadvisor.com and see the great reviews. Its small but real Parisien and hard to beat in my opinion.

Re: Recommend Hotels in Paris

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Paris? A 3-star would be fine, I was looking at district 9 area, also a travel agent I rang recommended the Pax Hotel in Paris, has anyone ever stayed here and if so what was it like for location and was it clean?

If you're looking for a hotel in 9th, a friend of mine recently stayed at
the Arvor St George hotel on rue Laferrière. She said it was pretty simple but very clean with lovely staff.
It gets good reviews on TripAdvisor also:

(I have no connection with the hotel but know the area well.)

Back