Key Post: Malta.

I lived in Malta for a few months - loved the place. There are only a couple of sandy beaches - Melliah Bay is one small but lovely - but (unless you have kids mad for sand) the rocks are fine to sunbathe on. You should go on a trip to the Blue Lagoon - amazing place. It may be touristy but a visit to the Malta Experience is very interesting & gives you some of the history of what they suffered during the 2nd WW. Actually, just seeing this post made me think of visiting there again. Any idea what the prices are like now? It's been years since we were there.

I was in Malta for a week in May. I did not like it at all bar the weather. It is not a pretty island, not kid friendly, did not find the people particularly friendly, always felt they were trying to rip me off- got short changed 5 times in first 3 days!!! I will not be going back

What would the weather be like in Malta in March.Also which restaurants would be best for Italian or Lemongrass, type,food in Valletta.
Thanks

Check trip advisor webpage - Malta - Forum,
You can post your question there and will receive fast answers.

I'm a few weeks back from Malta myself,having spent 3 days on the Island (which was plenty of time) basing myself in Sliema.....dirty, tacky and very British...nonthing nice about the place.
I went to Gozo one day, which was pretty. I spent half a day in Valletta and also in Mdina. It's true, there's lots of history within the Island and too many churches...but that's about it.
Restaurants were very poor, the people seemed grumpy and they rip tourists off by keeping your change and the Taxi men over charge.
I won't be returning to Malta anytime soon and I wouldn't recommand it.......Sicily's beautiful or southern Italy....but that's just my view..ENGLAND GONE WRONG ON A SUNNY DAY!!!

Reading the posts above it seems that St. Julians or Valetta are the only places to stay in Malta. Have stayed twice in the Westin Dragonara outside St. Julian's and it's lovely and very child-friendly. Hotel itself is pricey to eat and drink but a short walk from St. Julian's Bay where there's a much wider choice of bars and restaurants to go to.

Luckylou you were not so lucky.

I was in Sliema a couple of years ago. Stayed in Fortina which was very nice ,but also found there was nt much to do there in Sliema.I have been told that Valletta in very nice and worth a visit.
I looked up Trip Adviser for restaurants ,there seems quite a lot, but i would like to hear from people on this forum about their experiences,good and bad.

We had a very enjoyable week in Valletta in March 2010. It is a really lovely city to stroll around,which we did,we didnt go on any trips,by choice. As for restaurants we enjoyed food in Rubinos,Papannis,Cafe Jubilee which were all very good but OUR favourite was La Mere.We spent our last three nights here. Prices are very reasonable for food in any of the restaurants depending what your looking for.

Back