Key Post: cheap hotel booking sites

The best discounts I've gotten are from priceline.com. The normal booking process is no different to the other accommodation sites. Its' the "Name your own price" feature where the bargains are. For this you name a location (e.g. for for Manhattan you might pick lower Manhattan), how many stars and how much are willing to pay and within a minute it will have a hotel chosen with your criteria matched.
In New York I got a room for €50 per person that would have been €250 per night otherwise. I've always got 4 or 5 star hotels for €50 per person per night maximum with at least 40% saved each time.
However the money comes out of your credit card straight away and they operate a no cancellation, no refund policy.

The best discounts I've gotten are from priceline.com. The normal booking process is no different to the other accommodation sites. Its' the "Name your own price" feature where the bargains are. For this you name a location (e.g. for for Manhattan you might pick lower Manhattan), how many stars and how much are willing to pay and within a minute it will have a hotel chosen with your criteria matched.
In New York I got a room for €50 per person that would have been €250 per night otherwise. I've always got 4 or 5 star hotels for €50 per person per night maximum with at least 40% saved each time.

Hi jj2005,

Welcome to AAM.

Can you confirm if you have any association with this website? 1st time posters making a recommendation are always inclined to make AAM people wary.

Hi jj2005,

Welcome to AAM.

Can you confirm if you have any association with this website? 1st time posters making a recommendation are always inclined to make AAM people wary.

I can see why it's suspicious, but I've no connection.
I also wanted to add one important piece of information about the "Name your own price" utility. The money comes out of your credit card immediately and they have a "No canellation, no refund" policy.
Also, you can only make one bid every 24 hours unless you change the city, date, location or number of stars so do some research on how much to bid using sites such as or www.betterbidding.com. You especially don't want to overbid.

I've also successfully used (my preference over , as there is more info on betterbidding.com for the $ prices on successful bids).
I've also used www.hotwire.com, similar to priceline.com in that you pay immediately and don't know the hotel until after you bid, but they give you the price - its relatively easy to find out which hotels it 'might' be.
I've recently beeing viewing a couple of other sites, as yet I havent used them, but they do have favourable reviews online, both sites offer rack rates at hotels but do have some 'mystery' hotels that offer good deals.
http://www.easyclicktravel.com
http://www.bookit.com/

Perhaps i missed it somewhere but i cant believe that no one has mentioned Alpha Rooms. I use them all the time as they are cheapest(in my opinion).

Alpha Rooms again. they are by far the cheapest of them all. Have used for years everywhere, great selection.

An Excellent cheap hotel booking site..

I found a nice article on cheap hotel booking by typing
"How I search 30 hotel booking sites with 1 click" into search engine with the quotes.

Back