KBC KBC update December

Grock1982/peemac

I disagree with this! You need to know the cohorts thoroughly to understand.

I can't find the post, but I remember someone posting that KBC witdrew from offering trackers early in 2008 when the rebranded as KBC and brought out a new set of rates and types of accounts.

So Grock1982 would need to find out when KBC stopped offering trackers - if that was before they drew down, then very little point taking it further.

I spoke with kbc and they confirmed that trackers were available up to July 08. They said that we are still in scope as opposed to not affected.
The team are dealing with batches of accounts at a time and maybe just about to or in the middle of dealing with our account at the moment. We may have a chance yet!!!!

· c. 650 PDH (Private Dwelling Home) mortgage accounts are now also identified as impacted. These related to new mortgage applications in the period November 2006 to February 2008 that drew down their mortgage on a fixed rate with a roll off to a standard variable rate. While these customers were never on a tracker rate, KBC has decided to offer these PDH customers a tracker rate product if the account is still open.

This bit makes me extremely suspicious. Why has KBC decided to offer a tracker to this cohort of people and why from November 2006 and not April or May 2006 ?

I spoke with kbc and they confirmed that trackers were available up to July 08. They said that we are still in scope as opposed to not affected.
The team are dealing with batches of accounts at a time and maybe just about to or in the middle of dealing with our account at the moment. We may have a chance yet!!!!

That's good news! Keep going

Rang up for the first time in 6 months and got the same response back, my account is "in scope of the review " .......they havent received any correspondence back on the 2555 additional cases announced yesterday .

Due to those only arriving now they wont meet the end year deadline and it will be January before there is anything done with these .

Central Bank and Deloitte have the lists apparently

That helpline just stresses people out , it will be in the door before they have any info............

How have the majority of the first 1600 been redressed when we havent confirmation of one single person being told that they are even impacted on these boards.......

Yes that's what I was told as well. They should specify that this helpline is for people who have received letters following the advice from the experts looking after it (ie Deloitte and probably a handful of other KBC staff). The 4/5 people I have spoke to over the last few month know absolutely nothing.....

• c. 1,907 mortgage accounts that converted from a tracker rate to another rate product post drawdown up to the period July 2008 are now identified as impacted.
Does this mean if you had a tracker and switched to a fixed rate in august 2008 that you are deemed not impacted?

Surely they can't get away with this?

• c. 1,907 mortgage accounts that converted from a tracker rate to another rate product post drawdown up to the period July 2008 are now identified as impacted.
Does this mean if you had a tracker and switched to a fixed rate in august 2008 that you are deemed not impacted?

Surely they can't get away with this?
Do you have such a case?

Or is it just a hypothetical question?

If I remember the Central Bank brought out a directive in mid 2008 so that the loss of the tracker if you took up a fixed or other rate was very clearly explained so that there was no question over you understanding what you were doing.

Last edited:
Good evening...could someone tell me what all the cohorts are in relation to kbc, if its not too big of a task. I genuinely havent a clue!

As I dropped a letter into KBC head office today by hand, two very burly security guards on the door asked me my business. Sign of the times: when Irish banks need to employ security as they live in fear of an uprising from costumers who were systematically robbed over years.

Back