KBC KBC: Tracker vs Variable Rate

I've been following these threads with curiosity since the IIB flyer came to light last month.
My wife and I drew down our first stage payment of any IIB mortgage in January 2007 , we were building and applied in August 2006, through a broker.

Green as grass we fixed for 3 years and when that period was up trackers were gone, so I thought it was just a case of bad luck.
However with these recent revelations I've looked in detail at the loan agreement but cannot see anything on it which suggests we were entitled to look for a tracker when the fixed period expired.
That said a work colleague who got a mortgage with IIB at the exact same time, got his 'capped tracker ' after fixing for 2 years initially. He had to do a bit of fighting to do so but not as far as the FSO.
He has told me that because it was an his application form they had to offer it back to him, I think this is quite strange, surely there was more to it than that?

Any evidence to suggest KBC might be in line to do similar to AIB with the conclusion of the review coming soon or will they avoid having to do so?

I have seen zero evidence apart from the letter received saying that you are part of the Central Bank review. Its a waiting game at this stage but there seems to be a lot of differences in people's loan documentation. This could relate to that fact they were doing the majority of their business through brokers at the time so I am not sure.

This is a very long thread.

I have scanned it to see if I can make any sense of it, but I can't. It seems very repetitive and not much use to anyone with a KBC mortgage wondering if they might get it back.

Would someone like to do a balanced summary of the issue of KBC's tracker review process? It would be a great help to others.

Brendan

not the only one who did so.... many didnt believe it was a 'game-changer'.. but it was for lots of people

Back