KBC tracker to fixed to variable

Dipper

I have been reading through other posts and am hopeful that I might have a case with KBC. Hoping for some advice from please. I have a couple of issues I need help with:
- We had a tracker mortgage which we half-fixed in 2006 for 5 years. During those 5 years, the tracker portion reduced considerably and the fixed portion not so much. When we queried it, we were told that was just how it was done. Is that likely true?
- at the end of the 5 years, in 2011, the fixed rate switched to standard variable. No option to return it to tracker rate was offered. Should it have been?
- in 2013, we moved house. In so doing, we increased our mortgage but stayed with KBC. The portion that was still on tracker (albeit now much less than the portion on variable rate) was moved to variable rate on moving. So since 2013, we have had our entire mortgage on variable rate. Should we have been able to keep our tracker rate in 2013? Even if only for the portion that was on a tracker rate since 2006?
We have heard nothing from KBC or elsewhere to say we are included in the redress - at this stage, does that imply that we are not? Or should I start to look into this myself?
- Also, after moving in 2013, I don’t seem to have kept any documents from my previous mortgage accounts, only the docs relevant to my current mortgage. Can I access these or request duplicates from KBC?
- how or should I progress? Do I even have a case? Any advice would be most welcomed.

I will leave others to address the tracker questions, but in the other specific questions:
During those 5 years, the tracker portion reduced considerably and the fixed portion not so much.
Did you make any overpayments? Otherwise, unless there was a significant difference in interest rates there shouldn't be a material difference in the capital reduction.

Should we have been able to keep our tracker rate in 2013?
No, there was no contractual entitlement to keep tracker.
KBC only started to offer this option in April 2014.

Can I access these or request duplicates from KBC?
Yes, the easiest way is to complete a Data Subject Access Request. It will cost 6.35, and KBC will have to provide you with all information they have about you.

Seems strange as tracker rate and fixed rate would have been similar up until early 2009

Even taking a 1.5% average rate difference between tracker and fixed over the 5 year period the capital difference on 100,000 would be less than 2,000.

Possibly they simply split the repayment and apportioned half to each rate - that would be wrong

Back