KBC Tap2Invest

dublin buyer

Hi

I just came across this new funcionality in the KBC mobile app and was wondering what are people's views on it.

How does it compare to other investments tools? Is there a market for it?

Thanks in advance

I applaud the effort to improve access to investments, but I suspect this will make more money for KBC than the investors. The fees (at least for the default fund) make it hard to recommend. Effectively 3% lost to charges in year 1, on a product that only aims to be around 55% invested in equities!

A 1% entry fee (99% allocation) on each contribution, which seems to be the same for all their funds (although this was waived during the introductory period, so might be negotiable for lump sums). The default execution-only fund seems to be which has .

I couldn't find these annual fees detailed on the[broken link removed] and had to resort to a web search on the fund name. I couldn't get far enough in the mobile app flow (it wants me to call them, presumably to do a fact-find of some kind) to see where they are detailed before you sign-up.

I would have thought 100% allocation and 1% or lower annual charges are available for passive/tracker funds from other investment providers in the Irish market, for lump sums or regular premiums above €500. Although the KBC fund is a "socially responsible" and actively managed, with loose tracking of equity and bond benchmarks, so perhaps not directly comparable.

Last edited:
Back