KBC Investment Funds

Donnie

I have a holding of approx €9k in the KBC Sivek Global Low fund and approx €1.5k in the KBC Sivek Global Medium fund.

KBC have announced that from 15th March they will offering a new suite of investment funds called the ExpertEase/Sivek funds and which are Socially Responsible Investments (SRI). These new SRI funds will be the only investment funds that customers can subscribe into from 15th March.

Customers like me in the existing funds have an option to switch proceeds into the new fund (without paying an entry or exit fee) or leave their investments as they are in the existing Sivek Low and Sivek Medium funds. However customers will not be able to invest any further amounts in the existing Sivek Low and Sivek Medium ffunds post 15th March as the new SRI funds will be KBC's primary customer offering.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this and the the make up and potential performance of the new SRI funds and if its better to keep the investments as they are or should I switch them into the new SRI funds? I am hoping to access these funds and redeem fully all my holdings in the next 1-2 years.

I've had a read of the new funds - the fees charged are too high for my liking. I won't be contributing further.

I've had a read of the new funds - the fees charged are too high for my liking. I won't be contributing further.
Thanks for your post. So if you had a choice and from looking at the strategies, would you recommend leaving the investments in the Low and Medium Sivek that I am currently in rather than switching for free into these new SRI funds?

I have very little investment experience to be honest. I started with their SIVEK for two reasons:
- Ease of access
- Reasonable fees (1.25%)

However at first glance the fees for some of those new funds are up at almost 2% or so (I could have misread).

In general the principles I have seen here are:
- Dollar cost average (keep investing regularly and you will smooth out any drops or rises in share prices)
- Don't put all your money in one fund or type of investment

I can't make any recommendations. If the fees are ok you could switch across...

Back