KBC - inaccurate late payment information has been reported to CCR

Mickey01

I just received a letter from KBC to say that inaccurate late payment information has been reported to the central credit register. They say it has been corrected but I'm wondering if there's anything I should do about this?

Hi Mickey01,
In answer to your question, Yes I suggest you submit a credit report request to the CCR. It's very straightforward to do online and it's free. You'll also get a much quicker response if you request them in the application to email the report to you instead of posting it. Once you have the report you can check in detail if there are any errors. If there are any errors the CCR have a process whereby you can have any errors on your report amended, just follow their online instructions to do so. It's very important that you check your credit report as errors are not uncommon and may have an impact on any future credit applications. I suggest you request your credit report online from ICB also (there are now two credit check institutions: CCR and ICB. Its not uncommon for both to hold different information. Again it's free to request online and follow the same instructions as above. I hope you find this helpful and best of luck.

Back