Katie Taylor honoured at British Sports Awards

Betsy Og

A bit curious since from what I saw she was the only exception, the rest being part of Team GB or in non-olympic sports.

Great that she gets the recognition internationally & I dont see it, as no doubt some will, of Team GB 'claiming her'. I see she just missed out on overseas personality of the year to Ussain Bolt, but when she was honoured it was with GB's ladies boxing team.

In their montage of sports people who died in the year, they showed Paidí O'Sé. That, for me, was more noteworthy than Katie Taylor's inclusion.

Overdosing a bit on KT don't you think? ...
I don't know if that is possible. As an avowed fan, I am awe-struck at this young Irish woman's achievements.; there are no superlatives left to describe her.

If I were to say that she is the supreme boxer of her generation would that put her dedication and skill into perspective? Forget about gender, weight category or any other criterion, she is the best there has ever been and arguably the best there ever will be.

Three times world champion, three times European champion and current Olympic champion, not to mention being voted best boxer in various tournaments, best boxer of the year by journalists and her peers, winner in various international and intercontinental tournaments, she stands head and shoulders clear of any others in boxing and most other sports. And she's Irish.

The Brits made a big deal of their boxer being the first female Olympic boxing champion, in fairness a lady of considerable talent, but being the first was merely (an arranged?) scheduling issue.
... Others exist!
In comparison to Katie's talent and achievements, who for example?

Celtic have won at least 20 times more league titles than Arsenal,Chelsea and Man City, so you have to take into consideration the competition that she is in before going overboard.

Back