Katie Price and her pathetic search for media coverage.

Out of curiosity, Mathepac, why did you post that it wasn't on various websites, if you hadn't even checked them?

Ah yes, considering this is letting off steam I can post whatever I like in hear, it's my opinion, I'm sick of hearing about her.

Your little dig is pointless, and if you are annoyed about the thread that much. Don't bother posting on it.

Hear hear. Letting off steam is for having a bit of a shout and a rant about things that annoy you. Katie Price annoys me, and people who give out about threads annoy me, there's killing two birds with one stone!

Back to the original topic - Katie Price has used the media to make herself a millionaire, thats all there is to her various antics.
Its a fine example of postmodernism and the culture of celebrity - she is famous for being famous. Not for having any talent in any area. Even her origins are fame for artificially pumped up breasts.

I completely detest this woman and everything about her. Nothing she does would surprise me as she has the instincts and reactions of an animal and even lower morals.
She speaks very highly of you...

Back to the original topic - Katie Price has used the media to make herself a millionaire, thats all there is to her various antics.
Its a fine example of postmodernism and the culture of celebrity - she is famous for being famous. Not for having any talent in any area. Even her origins are fame for artificially pumped up breasts.

Absolutely agree. Her only talent is for self promotion and a complete inability to draw the line at anything that will gain her some publicity.

Good to see that police in the UK have spoke to her about her alleged rape(s).

If she has made this claim in the papers, are they able to force her to name the person(s) concerned? I'd love it if she had to either name the person(s) or else admit that she lied to gain publicity.

I just found it sad that she is able to say "I was raped, more than once" in national media outlets, and do it so matter-of-fact.

These celebs offer nothing to society. Unfortunately our chav parts of society seem to support their existence.

Does Jordan ever sing the old Smokey Robinson/Miracles song "You only build me up to tear me down"? Or is her head too far up her fundament to get the high notes?

These celebs offer nothing to society. Unfortunately our chav parts of society seem to support their existence.

The worrying thing is, and you see it now on TV chat shows/discussions, so many youngsters now want to be these celebs.

We are now creating a generation who see talentless people, like Jordan, Kerry Cantona and Jade Goody, become millionaires over the space of a year or two simply for getting plastic tits, appearing in the gutter press every day and going on a reality TV show. Why would they aspire to go to university and become doctors, accountants, engineers, professors etc, when this life is so much easier?

There is something vaguely familiar about these "rape claims". First the "I was raped" headline...then the follow up where she says it's someone famous but she will never tell. Followed in this case by an appearance on the Wright Show...the same show, I believe that "inadvertantly" named the alleged rapist in the previous case.

My knowledge is vague because while I read the headlines I don't actually read the stories. I work in a shop that sells newspapers/magazines and my main task of each day is to lay them out and pack them up again, I can't HELP but see them. :-(

I once visited with a friend in the UK for a number of days and the only book in the bathroom was Jordans autobiography. Over the course of a few days I read bits and pieces of it. It seemed to mostly consist of:

I slept with such and such a guy and he treated me badly, I slept with such and such a guy and he was rubbish in bed, I slept with such and such a guy and he had small equipment, I slept with such and such a guy and he was mean to me etc....

I couldnt help but think that its actually surprising that she gets anyone to sleep with her anymore considering all she does afterwards is publically slate them!!!

The sad thing is, she has three young children, one of them in need of special care. I think she is a disgrace as a mother and I wonder how her kids will feel in years to come when they read about her antics. She is an appalling example to them.

I couldnt help but think that its actually surprising that she gets anyone to sleep with her anymore considering all she does afterwards is publically slate them!!!

Not being one for sweeping generalisations...but maybe you underestimate the shallowness of some members of the masculine gender.

Not being one for sweeping generalisations...but maybe you underestimate the shallowness of some members of the masculine gender.

Yes, you are probably right.....

I suppose that many of her partners are of a similar ilk to the lady herself, as in, all publicity is good publicity, so long as your name is being mentioned it doesnt matter whats being said.

Many scientists say that men are genetically programmed to spread their seed. If genetics play so much of a role, then, taking boobs and gravity into account, the said lady's lineage could finish up as quadrupeds further down the line.

Re: Katie Price and her pathetic search for media coverage

What's pathetic is there is clearly a big demand by the general public for the magazines / tabloids that she appears in. If there wasn't she wouldn't be in them full stop. I take my hat off to her - if she can make millions by taking advantage of others peoples interest in her life fair play to her.

What I can't understand, and why I think the whole rape claim was just to get her back above Peter Andre in the headlines count, is why it was important to say that her alleged raper was a 'well known celeb'.

Surely if a woman has been raped it doesn't matter one bit if he was a celeb, or a total unknown. Why would she raise this point, other than to draw as much attention to the fact as possible?

She has caused damage to those women who have been raped before, and those that try to help women confront their attackers and bring them to justice. By saying now she wish she had never mentioned it just because the police are asking questions makes me think that perhaps it was all a fabrication to gain publicity. No such thing as bad publicity when you are a celeb.

I think, as bubbly scot said, she is trying to emulate a similar situation from several years ago where much mystery and speculation built up over an alleged rape of one celebrity by an unnamed other celebrity.

Back