judgment mortgage on icb

finance1233

hello

i was selling a property recently when my solicitor found a judgment mortgage
attached to the property from an old loan i had previous that i pressumed was written off.

i managed to reach a settlement figure with the bank in question for less than full.
they sent me out a letter to say that my icb profile would be updated with the letter 'l'
for settled less than full with the unpaid balance remaining visible for 5 years.

the loan in question has never appeared on my icb report before. will the bank now send the icb a new file detailing this now that i have settled?

has anybody ever contacted the icb on the number on the website. ive rang several times just get answering service and
no calls back?

It should reflect on your ICB as you settled a loan for less than what was owed and a w/off was required. Unsure how the defaulted loan has not been reflected on your ICB to date, sure luck by all accounts.

im sure that was a mistake that it was never registered with the icb in the first place.
would you think they will go to the trouble of registering now that it is settled? i settled
for what i owed them less the interest that accrued over the years.

We send off a file monthly from our company to the ICB which shows late payments/w off's/legal cases etc.
Given it was never reported in the first place I am unsure.
You would need to request a report of your ICB which costs €6.20 ( aprox) in a couple of weeks and see if it is now showing.
Good luck.

Hi Finance1233
Do you mind me asking:
How long did it take from finding out about the judgement mortgage to reaching the settlement figure with the bank? Did you offer a settlement amount and they accepted/countered?

Many thanks,
Mark

Hi mark

Took a little over 2 weeks from when I became aware. I chased them quite a bit to push it on. They wanted 30ish including interest. I offered 12 and we settled on 15. I'm sure every case is different and if they thought they were able to get more from me they may have held out

Back