Judgement Mortgage Discharged

Catastrophic

Hi. I've just received a letter from my bank's solicitors, saying that their clients have advised them, as an exception, to now close their file & not pursue the balance remaining. They go on to say that their clients have agreed to Discharge the Judgement Mortgage which was secured on my property.

Can this possibly mean what I think it means?

Is it gone?

I'm terrified to call the solicitors in case it was an error.

Time to celebrate. Nothing too extravagant, maybe even just a cup of coffee and a large slice of cake. You have received a formal letter saying that the bank is going to leave you alone. Can't comment further because we don't know your overall circumstances.

Was it a lender who had the judgement mortgage? If so, which one?

How much?

Is there equity in your home?

Last edited:
I'm a long-time client of MABS. Mabs wrote to the bank asking them to engage with the BPFI/MABS protocol. This was their response (after much to-ing & fro-ing). The thing about the Judgement Mortgage seems definitive. But perhaps the solicitor's letter could be interpreted as the bank has told the solicitors to close THEIR file, and the bank will pursue me themselves. Having slept on it, though, that seems unlikely. I think I'll have that slice of cake!

with letter saying {close file and not pursue } means its over ! keep that letter.
I know of one BOI one with shortfall k25 that customer has letter of not pursuing.
Not sure of your details , but presume , you don,t have assets/prospects that would make it worth Mr Banks time to pursue costly ongoing action.
Am a bit surprised they are (lifting) the mortgage ,as its a cost to lift , but that's their issue.
I am sure you are glad to be out the other side ! enjoy the cake !

They go on to say that their clients have agreed to Discharge the Judgement Mortgage which was secured on my property.

That's different to the title of the thread ! I'd personally hold off on the cake until the judgement mortgage is discharged! Now I don't know much about the process of discharging the JM which is why I would be asking my solicitor to get on the case and make sure that what has been agreed to be done is done!

(agreed to discharge) .
Hope they will but even if not , with that letter its unenforceable and i assume you ain,t moving .
Suggest = for now leave it . It reads from your thread that Mr Bank for the reasons advanced by MABS to cut their losses.

Back