Judge revises Garda's prison sentence to 100% suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guards don't implement the law on their days off. Prostitutes don't have any less rights then anyone so why wouldn't they be treated as the victim in a rape?
Who said they shouldnt be treated as a victim?
Who said they have any less rights?
Perhaps you would like to take the time to read what I posted,as your comment has absolutly no relevance to my post.
The perb of a rape of a prostitute is treated MORE HARSHLY,as a prostitute is selling their body,not less harshly because she is a prostitute.logical conclusion.a guard who does a crime in the full knowledge that he will be treated more harshly in prison,does so at his peril..well they did up to now..obviously this has changed and precedent has been set.

Who said they shouldnt be treated as a victim?
Who said they have any less rights?
Perhaps you would like to take the time to read what I posted,as your comment has absolutly no relevance to my post.
The perb of a rape of a prostitute is treated MORE HARSHLY,as a prostitute is selling their body,not less harshly because she is a prostitute.logical conclusion.a guard who does a crime in the full knowledge that he will be treated more harshly in prison,does so at his peril..well they did up to now..obviously this has changed and precedent has been set.

'Is it not the situation where if a prostitute was raped that the perpetrator is dealt with MORE harshly.this is based on the blindingly obvious..

So I would have thought that those who are there to implement laws should in fact be dealt with MORE harshly..based on the obvious.. '

I guess the blindingly obvious is only so to some people. I'm not aware of the law deciding that the rape of a prostitute is more serious than the rape of anyone else.
I did take time to read your short post and it didn't make much sense to me, hence the confusion.

'Is it not the situation where if a prostitute was raped that the perpetrator is dealt with MORE harshly.this is based on the blindingly obvious..

So I would have thought that those who are there to implement laws should in fact be dealt with MORE harshly..based on the obvious.. '

I guess the blindingly obvious is only so to some people. I'm not aware of the law deciding that the rape of a prostitute is more serious than the rape of anyone else.
I did take time to read your short post and it didn't make much sense to me, hence the confusion.

You are not aware of the law deciding that the rape of a prostitute is more serious than the rape of anyone else because THERE IS NO SUCH LAW,nor did I say there was..

What I said was, in the case of the rape of a prostitute,the criminal is treated MORE harshly..I never said it was any more or less of a crime..yet I get the feeling that you are trying, incorrectly, to insinuate that I am.

The point is that there are situations where a criminal is treated more harshly,and in my opinion,those who are there to uphold the law,who have trained in the area,who are aware that they will be treated badly in prison yet go ahead and commit the crime in the full knowledge of same,should in fact,be treated more harshly..not less!

You are not aware of the law deciding that the rape of a prostitute is more serious than the rape of anyone else because THERE IS NO SUCH LAW,nor did I say there was..

What I said was, in the case of the rape of a prostitute,the criminal is treated MORE harshly..I never said it was any more or less of a crime..yet I get the feeling that you are trying, incorrectly, to insinuate that I am.

The point is that there are situations where a criminal is treated more harshly,and in my opinion,those who are there to uphold the law,who have trained in the area,who are aware that they will be treated badly in prison yet go ahead and commit the crime in the full knowledge of same,should in fact,be treated more harshly..not less!

you said 'the perb of a rape of a prostitute is treated MORE HARSHLY', I'm not insinuating anything, just trying to figure out what you're getting at. They are your words, if the 'perb' is treated more harshly would that not infer that you mean that the courts pass tougher sentences on such people?

MrMan
you said 'the perb of a rape of a prostitute is treated MORE HARSHLY', I'm not insinuating anything, just trying to figure out what you're getting at. They are your words, if the 'perb' is treated more harshly would that not infer that you mean that the courts pass tougher sentences on such people?
Yes,and that is what I said however I have no idea how you could infer the following,
MrMan
Prostitutes don't have any less rights then anyone so why wouldn't they be treated as the victim in a rape?
No one said they shouldn't be treated as a victim!Quite the opposite!
and two;

MrMan
I'm not aware of the law deciding that the rape of a prostitute is more serious than the rape of anyone else.
Once again I never said there was a law making the rape of prostitutes more serious,what I said was the criminal was treated more harshly.For blindingly obvious reasons,which are blindingly not obvious to some ..
You also say you are trying to "figure out what I am getting at"..and I still have no idea what your inference is..

thedaras you seem to be going around in circles on this one and it's ok to be wrong sometimes. You again reiterate that there is no law that states that the rape of a prosititute is more serious than the rape of anyone else yet you continue to say that it is treated more harshly. More harshly by who? criminals? judges? public? Which obvious one is it? If it is judges then that goes against your intitial statement.
This has dragged on and it generally drags on on AAM when someone is trying to avoid any flaw in their argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back