JSB - signing off for certain time possible without affecting further entitlement?

M

marta777

hi,

i was made redundant earlier this year and my JSB application is still being processed. i had to go back to my home country for two weeks to get several things sorted that had to do with my former job so my holidays are gone.
as it turns out i will have to go back for another short while for family reasons and obviously i cannot sign in during that period. so i'm wondering can i sign off JSB for that time without losing my remaining entitlement (so i could go back signing for JSB after my return when i'm fully available again)?

i hope that made sense.
thanks for your help.

Re: JSB - signing off for certain time possible without affecting further entitlement

Yes, you will not lose remaining entitlement for any period you sign off. The same numbner of days payable will be due to you (312?). Also, you won't have to register a new claim for short a short absnece. Let them know your intentions and tell them when you will be in to them again. They'll keep things straightforward then. I presume you already applied for 10 days 'holiday JB' and that is why you say 'my holidays are gone'.

Re: JSB - signing off for certain time possible without affecting further entitlement

hi again,

yes i took the 10 or rather 12 incl saturdays days holidays already.

thanks so much for your reply. my dole people are very grumpy and i'd rather not have asked them!

hi again,

yes i took the 10 or rather 12 incl saturdays days holidays already.

thanks so much for your reply. my dole people are very grumpy and i'd rather not have asked them!

I have to say I dont blame them being grumpy!
I was around in my local SW office during the week - I must add that they are absolutely lovely people - just 2 staff in a very small but very busy office - I couldnt fight back the tears speaking to the lady in sw.. i feel so silly and she was so lovely.. whilst the other man behind the counter dealt with a horrible horrible customer shouting and screaming demanding this and that.. so between people crying, shouting, screaming and giving abuse, I dont know how they are not permanently grumpy! they have a tough job!

I hope u are sorted now x

Back