JSB reduced Hours-Registering with FAS

Mopsy

My full time job was reduced last December to two days a week and I have been getting Job Seekers Benefit. Needless to add, my boss is still putting up (albeit a reduced stamp) for me. About 6 years ago, prior to working full time, I did a FAS course. I got a letter from the Social Welfare Office today (UP 19) which is probably the regular one which is sent out after 6 months to complete. One of the questions is have you registered with FAS? Now when I originally went to the Employment Office, the girl there said, only a waste of time registering due to the job situation.

Just wondering, do I have to register again, even though I did over 6 years ago in order to do the FAS course?

Another question, how long will I be in receipt of this JSB while still working 2 days a week(where I had worked full time for six years).

Reading the form here, you would have to laugh at some of the questions, like, "What have you done to obtain work" or "Why do you think you have not succeeded in getting work"....

Back