Joint Savings Account - One Half With Credit History

Glen25

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum....

Myself and my finacee are considering setting up a joint savings account for our wedding. He just just been released from a mortgage that was a long drawn out process. There were arrears on the previous mortgage due to refinancing etc but all is in order now. However, we know from a previous application for car finance that his credit rating has taken a hit as a result. He is slowly building this back up with regular savings etc.

My question is this: would my credit rating be affected as a result of a joint account where one party has a poor credit rating? I dont envisage any future issues as we're very financially secure now but would this account be flagged on a credit check if I needed a loan or car finance in the near future?

Answer is NO.

Deposit accounts are never on Credit Checks.
The Irish credit bureau (ICB) only holds loan type info.
Have him do an online credit check (ICB) and you will see what the (damage) still is.Since he is now (clear) it might not be too bad.

Answer is NO.

Deposit accounts are never on Credit Checks.
The Irish credit bureau (ICB) only holds loan type info.
Have him do an online credit check (ICB) and you will see what the (damage) still is.Since he is now (clear) it might not be too bad.

Thanks for the reply Gerry. We have already done the credit check and the only damage is the mortgage (but prob big damage in the scheme of things!). Getting back on track now though. He was refused car finance about 3 years ago so we knew the credit rating had taken a hit. Thankfully mine is pretty strong so we're not in a bad position really.

Appreciate the response

Back