Joint mortgage with a wife on a temporary permit

Zmicier

Hi.

I wonder if it is possible to take a joint mortgage with a wife who is not EEA/Swiss national and lives in Ireland on a temporary permit (stamp 4 based on a marriage with EU national)? I would like her income (sure she can work legally) to be taken into account. If it is possible, will our mortgage ability be decreased in a comparison with 'full' EEA/Swiss families? Are there any other issues with such kind of a mortgage (like a minimum employment history in the country and so on)?

I appreciate any help.

Yes, it can be straight forward enough. Just contact your preferred bank and see what their exact criteria is.

I've seen some additional paperwork depending on lender, and if there's at least 12 months left on her current Stamp 4 it will make things easier. I think they are issued for 3 years?

Employment history is the same as if you were both Irish. Permanent jobs, not on probation, and demonstrate affordability for minimum of 6 months.

Best of luck

Red the stamp 4 will run too the expiry date of passport.if the passport is due for renewal lets say 2 years time the stamp will only go too that date.

Stamp 4 lasts 2 years

Stamp 4 lasts 2 years
Stamp 4 for spouse of an EU citizen is granted for 3 years.

Edit: apologies, might only apply to spouse of an Irish national.
Either way, once there's 12 months left it will simplify the process with some lenders. The OP will know how long the stamp is valid for.

Back