Joint Mortgage and 1 Child in relationship breakup

Gary_b

Hello
Roughly 2.5 years ago I broke up with my girlfriend. I moved out and I pay her Maintenance for our one child (450 euro a month) plus halving all other overheads (school fees , medical expenses etc). I dont pay anything towards the mortgage as I cannot afford the mortgage and maint each month. She has a lodger in the spare room (my idea) that pays 450 euro for a room each month. From a financial point of view she is not struggling with the money coming in and her own salary.

I have been asking her for 2 years to try and buy me out of the mortgage but she has been very slow at doing anything on the matter (hence being 2 years on). She did try recently to go to the bank and show she could afford the mortgage on her own and to sign the deeds over into her name solely. The bank rejected her request.

She is unwilling to move out of the house and refuses to sell the house. If we did sell the house the sale would probably pay off the mortgage. The house was brought in 2009.

I want to sign the house to her or sell the house as I want to move on and not have my name on the mortgage because 1. I will never go back , 2. I want to move on and try for another mortgage. Until I have my name off this mortgage I cant get any other mortgage (ive tired and been rejected) and feel very trapped by the whole situation.

Im going to get some legal advice on the situation early next week but I thought I would post here aswell to see if any one has advice on a situation like this .

Thanks

Hi
I'm in a similar scenario, not 100% same, but wondering if you've any update after talking to legal advisor?

Back