Joined public sector, want to do AVCs

The ‘deduction through payroll’ part is a bit of a red herring.

Revenue will code your contributions to any PRSA into your monthly tax credits so you get the same net effect through payroll.
 
Have just noticed that my IRIS Lifestyle AVC fund has gone dwn in value for the first time by a few thousand, nothing major but wondering if this is going to be a long term trend, and if l should reduce contribution which automatically increases each year, still have minimum 5-15 yrs max on it, joined 2006,, maybe more of an issue for those joining such a scheme....
 
Have just noticed that my IRIS Lifestyle AVC fund has gone dwn in value for the first time by a few thousand, nothing major but wondering if this is going to be a long term trend, and if l should reduce contribution which automatically increases each year, still have minimum 5-15 yrs max on it, joined 2006,, maybe more of an issue for those joining such a scheme....
Yes you definitely should. Also Beef or Salmon is going to win the 2:30 at Newmarket tomorrow.
 
A pension is a long (or at least medium in your case) term investment and to (over)react to market fluctuations would be foolhardy.
 
I would like to fill out No advice AVC application form with Cornmarket for around €5000(see attached). It's mainly to reduce my tax bill for 2024. I am a teacher with some additional income. I would be happy enough with medium risk (IL 5 or 6)
I would really appreciate some advice on some of the funds available:
Public Sector Balanced
Public Sector ESG Indexed
Public Sector Balanced

I presume the Balanced funds would be managed funds and incur 1% management charge?
Why can't I find the Public Sector ESG indexed fund here:

Is there a better way for me to do this? I have 17 years left.
 

Attachments

There is €100 euro set up fee.

You could avoid this by setting up an AVC PRSA through an execution only broker.

You can decide on a medium risk fund e.g. Prisma 4 or 5 from Zurich
or something similar from another provider.

You need to act fast to get the policy set up and the contribution paid and tax relief claimed before 19th November (if you claim through Revenue myaccount)

You can email a broker and request application forms which you print out and email back. These are listed here https://www.askaboutmoney.com/threads/joined-public-sector-want-to-do-avcs.226685/#post-1763030
 
Last edited:
Back
Top