I am 6 months into claiming Jobseeker’s Pay-Related Benefit.
I am looking to take a break for approx 7/8 weeks for various personal reasons. The operational guidelines state :-
Breaks in a Jobseeker’s Pay-Related Benefit Claim
A person may break their Jobseeker’s Pay-Related Benefit claim for up to 13 weeks and resume where they left off from the previous claim.
Is this as straightforward as just e-mailing my local Intreo Centre with the respective dates? Do I need to state a reason?
Has anyone any experience of doing this and is there anything to watch out for?
Thanks
I am looking to take a break for approx 7/8 weeks for various personal reasons. The operational guidelines state :-
Breaks in a Jobseeker’s Pay-Related Benefit Claim
A person may break their Jobseeker’s Pay-Related Benefit claim for up to 13 weeks and resume where they left off from the previous claim.
Is this as straightforward as just e-mailing my local Intreo Centre with the respective dates? Do I need to state a reason?
Has anyone any experience of doing this and is there anything to watch out for?
Thanks