Jobseekers Allowance

MikeM

Can any tell me when I'm entitled to claim for Jobseekers allowance ?

I will be made redundant on the 23rd of Jan but will get one months payment in Lieu of Notice. Will I be entitled to Jobseekers Allowance from the 23rd of Feb or should I be entitled to it from the 26th of Jan ?

MikeM.

sorry dont know about your main question but i may be wrong, but it is jobseekers benefit you are entitled to, i know allowance and benefit sound the same, but one is means tested where they look at every cent you have, and anyother income, savings etc will affect what you get. The non means tested one, means you will get the money regardless of how much you have comming into the house.

mike, can you not claim once you get your P45?
Even if they pay you up to Feb 23rd; it doesn't mean you'll be on their books till then.

You won't be able to claim Jobseeker's before the date of cessation of employment as stated on the P45 by your employer.

As theengineer said, depending on your PRSI contributions, you may be entitled to Jobseeker's Benefit rather than Allowance - the SW Local Office will advise you when you make your claim.

Just sign on as soon as you cease employment. SW will soon tell you what/when you can claim.

Back