Job seekers Online Signing

DeWanderer

Does anyone here sign on through mywelfare.ie?

I registered for it when I attended the Intreo office in April 2022 but I still got a letter almost a year later to sign on at the office. The letter was titled: Jobseeker Certification Declaration.

I have to travel a good distance and pay for fuel to get there. My local Intreo office was shut down in the last year. I'd like to know if anyone else has been set up online before I contact the Department. I have a MyWelfare account and can see all of my details.

Maybe the Department planned this service but never implemented it?

Are you still claiming jobseeker? we recently set up online and a few weeks later we were asked to sign on at the office. The delay is strange but my understanding is that you can still be asked to sign on in the office on a regular basis. I would actually contact them.

It's not unusual to be requested to attend the office at some stage(s) even if you originally applied online. If attending is awkward for you then just contact them and talk to them. They're generally very understanding and helpful in my experience.

That letter specifically refers to certification declaration and in essence follows on from a payment that was either applied for online or a payment that transferred automatically, an example, those on PUP who had automatic entitlement to JSB when PUP ended were transferred without signing any documentation.

And yes, DSP still require occasional signing on at intereo center's but not monthly as was previously the case.

They also often engage third party services to periodically (c. monthly?) follow up with claimants on job hunting progress

Back